Chapter 6 Alison

I crawled under my sheets and laid my head against my pillow, bitting my lip as I dreamt about Tyler under the warmth of my covers. Suddenly something hit my window. I got out of my covers, dressed in pjs. I stepped slowly toward the window and looked out to see Tyler on our lawn throwing rocks at my bedroom window. I opened up my window and said "what are you doing here?" He just told me to get dressed and come outside because he had something to show me. I smiled and walked downstairs quietly so Tasha wouldn't wake up. When I went outside to the frount porch Tyler grabbed my hands and pulled me closer to him. He stared deeply into my eyes and kissed me on the forehead. We started walking along the sidewalk, my arm looped into his arm and my head against his shoulder. We just talked and talked. I felt a sudden drop of warm water from the sky and figured it was about to rain. I warned Tyler and we started to run back home as the rain caught up to us. We reached my frount lawn drenched in water, laughing and Tyler wrapped his arms around my waist, squishing the cold water on the corners of my shirt into my hips and I wrapped my arms around his neck and we started to kiss as the rain touched our lips gently.

       Bling! bling! I woke up instantly to the annoying sound of my alarm clock and turned around to hit the snooze button. Suddenly Tasha walks into my room with her head hung low. She sits on my bed tucking one leg behind the other so elegantly. She looks up from staring at the ground and I notice that her eyes are filled with tears and her mascara has run down her cheeks. I asked Tasha what's wrong while yawning and rubbing my eyes and she says
    "Alison there's something I need to tell you, it's about your parents"
   "What is it?"
    "Here's the thing" Tasha was about to lose it.
    "Well what is it!" I exclaimed.
    "Your grandma called this morning and had told me about your parents. They were taking a taxi to the airport and got hit by a drunk driver on the highway. The doctors tried everything, but they both sustained terrible brain injuries. "I'm so sorry Ali" Tasha began sobbing again.
   "I didn't know what to think anymore. I felt as if I couldn't breathe." I stormed out of my room as fast as I could while Tasha tried to run after me. I ran to an abandoned bridge and crawled under it. I pulled my knees close to my chest and began to sob. I've been tough all my life, but this was something I couldn't take. A million thoughts flooded my mind, but I couldn't make sense of any of them. I was angry. Angry at the driver who took the lives of my parents, but mostly angry at myself for not going with them. Suddenly, I heard some footsteps on the bridge and I sunk into the concrete wall to look invisible, but the footsteps transitioned into a voice. The person called my name "Alison?"
"Leave me alone" I answered back bitterly. But the person poked their head under the bridge and I saw that it was Tyler.
"Are you okay?" He questioned.
"No, my...my parents. They're dead."
"What? I'm so sorry, Alison. I can't imagine what you're going through?"
"It was a car accident. Drunk driver. I still can't even understand it. I know my parents and I weren't always close and we disagreed on everything, but I still loved them."
"Of course you did. They were still your parents, no matter what."
"And now they're gone." I exclaimed sniffling.
Tyler touched my arm and told me that he'll let me have some alone time. But I stopped him and said
"Thank you" and he hugged me gently and said that I should come home and I agreed.

       The next day I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed. The walls were spinning and I just replayed the accident over and over again. I couldn't think of anything else. I wasn't ready to go back to school after what happened to my parents. Tasha walked into my room and said
"Come on Alison time to get ready for school. I lifted my head to answer her and I said
"Tasha, I'm sick can I not go to school today"
"Alison-
"Please don't make me go Tasha!"
"Ok honey you can stay home"
"Thank you"
"You're welcome, but you know you can talk to me about anything, right?"
"Ya, I know" My stomach felt like an empty pit and my eyes were so dry from crying. I could barely sit up, so I ended up staying in bed all week. It felt as if nothing mattered anymore.