•𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎- 𝚢/𝚗 •

2 years ago

2 years ago

"Then dad why does mom hate me so much? What wrong did i do to her? " I sobbed quietly knowing that I still won't get an answer. I was lying on the floor, drenched in blood, glasses of vodka bottles shattered all around me but now, it was the new normal, nothing mattered anymore, neither the beatings mom gave to me, nor how my dad would come every night to tell me that it was okay. Because it wasn't, neither of it was.

"Because you were result of a one night stand!! neither your mom nor me expected you to be here. You- you were a mistake that wasn't supposed to happen in first place! I tried to tell your mom that it isn't your fault but she doesn't listen to me. What else do you want to hear? " My dad yelled but as soon as these words came out of his mouth, he regretted every word he uttered.

My eyes widened, my entire childhood flashed in front of eyes- how my mom would pick me up from school and then take me to my favorite ice cream truck, how I used to sit on the slab while she would cook my favorite dish. All this was a lie.

My sobs weren't quiet anymore, I couldn't breathe, it felt like someone crushed my lungs. I gathered all my strength and ran upstairs to my room ignoring my dad's calls. Because right now was the time to escape this hell-hole, to start a new journey... I didn't want to be a mistake anymore, I wanted my parents to believe it was a mistake to let me go."

You picked up all your essentials and most importantly, your university application where you got selected because of your excellent grades, and rushed to the bus stand with all your might and took the first bus to New York,it was now time to move on, time to leave Texas that brought nothing but painful memories to you, the beatings from your mom, your parents' arguments that happened almost everyday, the parental pressure to score best and be the epitome of canny brains.
It was now time for a change, to utilise my strength instead of being ashamed of it.

-
a/n: y'all i can't I'm excited as fuck😭