romantic (isabela x m!reader)

❥ can't forget the swag he/him isabela stans
⚠️warnings: none
———————————————————

Isabela Madrigal was probably the most perfect girl in the world. She was given the power of making plants and flowers bloom anywhere and everywhere she wanted.

Her every move was graceful and angelic, almost unnatural. Everyone loved her.

Y/N was no different. He couldn't help but grow feelings for the girl, even though he was convinced that she was way out of his league. 'A girl so perfect would never be with someone like me.' He thought. 'It would be best if we stayed friends anyway.'

She even had almost half the townspeople in love with her as well, he's just another guy to her.
Or is he?

-

"Good morning, Isabela!" The townspeople would say. Ever since Isabela's engagement with Mariano was called off and she found more things to do with her gift, not as many people in the town liked her as much. Of course, many stayed loyal to the once graceful but now wild girl, but some not so much.

"Hey, Isabela! What new stuff have you made?" One particular man asked. He had always conversed with Isabela, but now that she's finally being herself, they have been talking much more frequently.

"Oh, good morning, Y/N. I took a break from trying new things, since I was a bit too focused on re-decorating my room." Isabela admitted, as the young man laughed in response.
"Of course, of course. Do you have a favorite?"
"Favorite what? Elephant?" Isabela joked, as the two laughed. Talking to Y/N was the best part of her day, since his opinion on her never changed.

-

It had been a few weeks, and Isabela was getting impatient. She rejected Mariano because she wanted someone else. Y/N. The one guy that never treated her like a perfect little object. The one guy that saw her for who she is, and helped her alongside Mirabel to find her voice. For that, she fell in love with him.

But he was as dense as a goddamn boulder.

Every time she tried to drop hints or flirt with him, he acted like an absolute himbo. Or she would suddenly get nervous.

"Y/N, I love..."
He looked up from eating his taco.
"The tacos? Yeah, I love them too!"

-

"Hey, Y/N, maybe sometime we could, uh..." Isabela began, as Y/N put his full attention to her.
"Nevermind." She mumbled, feeling suddenly nervous.

-

That cycle continued for a few weeks, until Y/N finally got the courage to do the impossible.

Isabela woke up to find a note slipped under her door.
'Meet me behind my house at noon. -Y/N'

Was he going to confess? Isabela's head was covered in flowers at the thought.
She got up and ran to his house, noticing how late she slept. She would also be a bit early, but that was fine with her.

Arriving shortly before noon, she leaned against the wall to catch her breath. As she did, she heard a familiar voice muttering to himself.

"Come on, Y/N. Don't mess this up. You have two things to do. Confess to Isa and impress her with the picnic. Easy peasy."

Isabela gasped to herself, ecstatic by his words. Finally! She thought.

"Y/N?" Isabela called out.
"Oh, Isabela! Hey, so, uh..."

"I have feelings for you!" They both blurted out at the same time.

"Really? But... I'm just so..."
"Handsome? Kind? Understanding?" Isabela grinned, sitting down by the large picnic cloth and food on the green grass.

"So, you actually like me?"
"Of course I do! I've been trying to tell you! You're just so dense!" Isabela playfully exclaimed.
"Oh, I knew. I just thought that it was platonic, since I don't exactly understand the difference between romantic and platonic, and I also thought you were just messing wit-"

Y/N's rambling was cut off by Isabela closing the gap between them.
"That was romantic, by the way."