Tock:"You know, the only reason my master wants you dead, is 'cause of your eyes. *laughs*But seein' as you ain't got 'em no more, you might be able to convince me to spare your life."

In response, Maria tries to throw her sickle at Tock, but she dodges that too.

Tock:*chuckles*"Well, I respect that, a fighter to the end."

Tock readies her saber to kill Maria, but Maria manages to find her other sickle. She clicks the switch on it, calling the other blade back over. Tock, in its path, gets the blade of the other sickle embedded into her back, causing her to fall forward. Maria then uses the sickle in her hand to slash at Tock as she falls forward...

Back in the present day

Maria:"But I wasn't... I went into hiding soon after."

The now elderly Maria is seen finishing her story to Team RWBY, Qrow, y/n, even though he already knew the story, and Oscar, who all have wide-eyed expressions.

Qrow:*astounded*"I can't believe it. You... You're the Grimm Reaper, you were a legend! And then you disappeared..."

Oscar:"How exactly does a legend just disappear?"

Qrow:"You never used your name, never showed your face. Lots of us thought you were just layin' low. Eventually, we just came to accept that you were probably dead. But the stories about you, I based my weapon off of yours. I wanted to be as good as the Grimm Reaper. Y/n, why didn't you tell me you knew her, you knew how much I look up to her."

Y/n:"you never asked"

Qrow:"well then why didn't you tell me it was her when we first met her, thats huge part of who she was"

Y/n:"a huge part of you is a big fucking idiot but you don't hear me going around introducing you like "oh hey this is my mentor qrow Branwen, he's a big fucking idiot" now do ya"

Qrow:"...I know I should feel insulted but you speak the truth"

Maria:*scoffs*"Well, I'm nothing but a disappointment, so you're well on your way."

Blake:"How can you say that?"

Maria:"Child, a Huntress is supposed to protect others to the bitter end. But after I lost my eyes, I only ever looked after myself. Even after my surgery, I was too afraid to fight. Afraid someone would find me again, finish what the others started. All I was good for after my eyes were gone was taking care of y/n and his sister when no one else could. You shouldn't aspire to be like me, especially when some of you are clearly stronger already."

Upon hearing this, Yang looks down sadly.

Maria:"It's... comforting, seeing that your generation seems up to the task of inheriting this world. I'm just sorry I didn't do more to leave it in better shape."

Ruby:"Well, maybe you can do something now. Teach me to use my powers the way you did."

Y/n:"yeah I don't think you want her as your teacher, she trained me in fighting a little, and um, lets just say I'm scared of flip-flops because of her."

As Maria, ignoring your comment, looks back at Ruby, a Scroll's ringtone can be heard. Ruby pulls her Scroll out and gasps in excitement.