2

That night they sat down to eat; Shane and kit shared a log, and carol served everyone. thanking the woman as she handed kit her plate and a beer

"man o man, that's good; I miss this," Shane sighed in satisfaction as he dug in. 

"I've got to ask you, man; it's been driving me crazy," Morales says, catching dales attention as he whined up his watch.

"what?" Dale asks,

"that watch." "what's wrong with my watch?" 

"I see you every day at the same time, winding that thing. like a village priest saying mass." "I've wondered this myself," Jacqui adds

"I'm missing the point." dale says defensively "unless I've misread the signs, the world seems to have come to an end, at least hit a speed bump for a good long while. but there's you winding up that stupid watch."

"time. It's important to keep track, isn't it, doc?" nodding to the one wrapped around kits wrist. kit gave a small chuckle "yes, dale, time is important to doctors."

"I like what a father said to a son when he gave him a watch that had been handed down through generations. He said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire which will fit your individual needs no better than it did mine or my father's before me. I give it to you not that you may remember time but that you may forget it for a moment now and then and not spend all of your breath trying to conquer it." dale states, a small reminiscent smile on his face kit bites her lip trying not to laugh "you are so weird." Amy blurts out, breaking everyone's resolve

"it's not me. Its Faulkner. William Faulkner maybe my bad paraphrasing." Amy stood up 

"where are you going?" Andrea asks, "I have to pee. jeez, you try to be discreet around here," she grumbles, walking away with more low chuckles around. Shane puts his hand on kits back, rubbing circles on her skin, she looks at him, and he gives her a coy smile. 

"we're out of toilet paper?" Amy says, coming back out as a walker walks over, biting her arm 

Amy screams breaking thru the air kit shot up "holy shit" wasting no time, she flicks the safety as she rips the gun from its holster, killing it and two others sneaking around the side; as amy falls, Shane stands next to her with his shotgun firing at more coming out of the trees, the other women and children instinctually move behind the now few people fighting the oncoming hoard.

"Baby, let's go. We gotta move back!" Shane shouts over the gunfire,

"aunt k!" carl shouts,  "I'm here, carl, stay close!" she shouts back as she can feel him latch onto the back of her belt,

"get in; the RV, go!"

"Morales, let's go!" kit shouts as more gunshots come from the other side of the camp, aiding assistance till only the living are left.

"carl! baby!" rick shouts, quickly finding them and hugging them, kit goes to follow, but Shane pulls her back hugging her, his face buried in his neck. "you good baby?"

"no. I told you guys we should have given out those guns earlier," her voice broke. 

"sh sh, it's ok none of us knew this would happen. It's been relatively safe here, never this many. we didn't know, baby."

"kit!" Andrea screamed, catching ricks attention. She put her gun back in its holster and quickly went to her side "can you?" Andrea pleaded

kit knelt, trying to hold back her tears as she promptly examined amys wounds "not with the neck wound. if it was just the arm.." kit cut herself off, sniffling. Andrea bit her lip, nodding, choking on her sobs. Kit got up, stumbling backward. Shane quickly brought her back to him, noticing ricks stare. But rick didn't care. He was seeing her for the first time,  "kitten," she turned her head to rick. The tears she tried so hard to hold back ran down her face, and she quickly moved to hug him tight, him holding her just as. Carl quickly hugged her waist, burying his face in her side, soaking her shirt; Lori crouched on the ground, watching Amy and Andrea, trying not to be jealous of the reunion happening at a very dark moment.

Once everyone had pulled themselves together, they moved most of the bodies away from the remaining survivors' tents and took turns on watch since they couldn't burn or bury till tomorrow in the light. Kit was asleep on Shane's cot when he came in from his watch shift. He quietly stripped down and laid down next to her waking her but not saying anything. she rolled to face him, Shane brushing the hair out of her face as she did so. "it's not your fault, baby. Don't let your mind wander." he whispered. She nodded but still didn't speak, just fiddled with his necklace like she usually did " I'm sorry, kitty kat," he tried again. She looked at him with tears in her eyes; she softly reached up, pulling his head closer to hers, kissing him softly and slowly. They could have lost each other today, and that thought alone terrified her, especially since she had just found him again. their kissing became needier as they both realized how lucky they were. Shane buried his hand in her hair as he crawled on top of her, her legs going around his waist as he ground himself against her, a small muffled moan escaping her; she slowly reached down, freeing him, stroking him a few times, not that it was needed he groaned as her hand worked before moving her now soaked panties to the side. He pulled back, staring at the woman below him and silently thanking God or whoever for sparing his love and being of obsession. "I love you," he whispered. She softly smiled, kissing him lightly. "I love you too," she murmured against his lips. He slowly pushed himself inside her crevice, his slice of heaven in a world of hell. 

The following day she sat between Shane and dale as the last of the bodies were burned, watching Andrea still sitting with amy.

"she still won't move?" rick asked, walking up behind her

" she won't even talk to us. she's been there all night. I know she needs to grieve, but Amy is going to turn." kit answered him quietly.

"she's right. We can't just leave amy like that. we need to deal with it the same as the others." Shane said

"I'll tell her how it is." rick said, walking towards Andrea. He knelt to talk to her, and she raised her gun at him before he could say anything; kit stiffened, observing as rick surrendered, slowly walking back to them. the others seeing the scene, moved over as well to form a circle

"ya'll can't be serious? Let that girl hamstring us? the dead girls a time bomb." Daryl hissed a pickaxe on his shoulder

"what do you suggest?" rick asked.

"take the shot. Clean in the brain from here. hell, I can hit a turkey between the eyes from this distance." he gestured 

"no. for god's sake, let her be," Lori said, ending the discussion.