02. 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔱𝔩𝔢 𝔠𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔰

╔═══*

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

02.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔱𝔩𝔢 𝔠𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔰

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Eli suddenly shot up when he heard the barn door creak open down below, he scrambled up from a warm bed of hay he had accidentally fallen asleep on. He crawled over the floor, looking down from the shed as he came face to face with his father who was bringing in a bucket of warm grains for Jitsi.

His father stopped, looking up at the noise and seeing half asleep Eli staring down at him.

"There you are, did you forget Merry out? Or have you already taken him back to the paddock?" he asked, picking up the bucket again for Jitsi.

Eli's face went pale, he had completely forgotten about bringing Merry in for the night. The cows were usually okay with the cold temperature, and Merry didn't mind it much either but he didn't like the wind. And it was Eli's job to make sure the horse was brought in every once in a while, depending on the weather.

After giving Jitsi her grains, Eli's dad leaned against the stall, looking up at Eli with a raised eyebrow.

"I-uh."

"You forgot." Disappointed hooded the old man's eyes as he shook his head and sighed, but said nothing else as he grabbed the leading rope to tie around the mules halter.

"I didn't- I, well, I did. I'm sorry father I just fell asleep-" something shuffled behind him, making his dad's eyes shot up as he stopped next to the ladder leading up. His eyes narrowed and Eli could feel the droplets of sweat that appeared on the nape of his neck.

"Whoever the girl is, walk her home and no children before wedding." the old man grumbled with a disappointed huff and headed out with the mule. Eli almost apologized all over again, nearly explaining that there was no girl in the shed.

But better he believe there's a girl than a dragon.

He threw his head back and let out a loud exaggerated sigh. Ragris jumped off the newly hatched dragonling, prancing towards Eliades with his head held high as his sibling stood up on shaky legs, looking around in a daze. 

And he had another one. 

He was almost too afraid to look at the other eggs, afraid he'd see those hatching as well. But luckily, the other stones were still and lifeless. Ragris made himself comfortable on his shoulder, straightening up as he stared down at the little hatchling who nearly blended in with the hay. 

Eli couldn't help but notice the size difference. Had Ragris grown over the night? The little golden dragon was barely the size of his palm while Ragris was almost the size of his hand, if not a little bigger.