01. 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔰𝔥𝔢𝔡 𝔤𝔬𝔩𝔡

╔═══*

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

01.

ᵀʰᵉ ʷᵃˢʰᵉᵈ ᵍᵒˡᵈ

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Truth be told, Eli was panicking. Just a little though.

He kept pacing back and forth in the barn, hands crossed over his chest before stopping in front of their mule, Jitsi who kept munching at the hay lazily.

Then he turned on his heels and walked to the other side of the barn only to repeat his actions.

His shoulder was itchy, but he did his best not to touch the sore spot. He jumped slightly when suddenly a sound of falling buckets and tools scattered near the barn doors. He held his breath as the tiny, scaled creature ran out of the shadows and into a hay sack.

Jitsi flicked her ear at the purring noise and then went back to eating, not caring about the baby dragon running around the old barn.

Okay, well, maybe Eliades was panicking a little more than he thought.

"no, no, no, no! That's a sword, we don't eat swords!" he whispered hastily, kneeling next to the little creature who immediately dropped the old and blunt weapon, chirping as he looked up at Eli expectantly.

Warily, the young man reached for his heirloom, carefully looking at the dragon. He froze when the little beasty headed for his outsretched hand, his tiny feet gently crawling on his arm, tail curling around his wrist as he stopped, standing upside down staring at Eli with those bright red eyes of his.

Eli held his breath, blue eyes wide as he focused solely on the scaly little creature. Suddenly he moved, making him jump as the tiny feet ran over his skin and up his outstretched arm. He felt his heartbeat speed up as the small, razor sharp claws stopped on his shoulder. The baby dragon chirped and nuzzled Eli's chin, curling his black and red coloured tail around his neck.

Instinctively, the young man relaxed at he soothing purr and the warmth that flooded his senses. There was something oddly comforting about the dragon around his neck.

His skin wasn't as rough as it looked, it was rather feathery and soft to the touch. Eli's eyelids drooped slightly, realizing suddenly how tired he was. It had been a long day.

Jitsi brayed, startling him suddenly and making him loose his grip on the old sword. It clattered on the floor, the loud sound making the dragon uncomfortable and alert immediately. Though the little guy didn't react, Eliades still knew it didn't like that sound.

"Okay, okay... Everything's gonna be fine. Absolutely okay."

The young man stayed in the barn for a while, making sure the other eggs were hidden under a large pile of hay before he made his way inside the warm house, finding himself sitting by his mothers bed as she slept. Until he realized the quiet snoring had stopped.