Unconditional Love

"You're beautiful," Anakin told Padmé, looking up at her from where he laid on their bed. Padmé hovered over him.

She smiled. "You've always told me that, Ani, and I've always believed it because you tell me."

He reached his hand up, cupping her cheek. She held his wrist, and her heart raced.

"You should be better by tomorrow," Padmé reassured him.

He nodded. "Then I can go back to work."

"Hey," she said softly. "Don't worry about the things that might happen in the future. Worry what's happening here and now."

He sat up and leaned forward, holding his hand on the back of her head and holding her close. She rested her head on his shoulder, taking in his scent. He kissed the side of her head, and kept his face buried in her hair.

"I love you."

"I love you too," Padmé whispered.

"I love you more."

Padmé took his hand that was on her back down between their bodies and felt for his wedding ring, and it was there. She smiled, and laced her fingers between his gently.

"I never want to lose you," Padmé said. "You treat me like a queen, and you give me more than I need. Why? Sometimes I ask myself, 'Why is he so gentle?' or 'Why is he so kind?' You take care of me. You love me. What more could I ask for?"

Anakin smiled into her temple. "You're so beautiful. You are selfless, brave, you can fend for yourself. You love and never give up. That's why. That's why I love you more than anything in the entire galaxy. Words can't even describe how beautiful and amazing you are. I love you so, so, so much. You're my beautiful wife that I'll never fail to care for and love. You're my angel."

Padmé cried into his shoulder. "Thank you. I can't say much else. Words can't describe my love for you. I adore you, Ani. I love you so much, too. More than you will ever know."

He stroked his fingers through her hair on the back of her head, loving everything about her. To him, she was an Angel without a disguise. She was perfect. But deep inside, he knew nothing was perfect. Not even his wife.
He still loved her the same. He viewed her the same way, an imperfectly perfect woman who was absolutely breathtaking. As Padmé always said, though, every scar is beautiful, it makes you more unique.