I go over to the fridge and take out some yogurt. "I'm sorry but there's not much I can do. I don't control what I have to do in the case of work."

"But that's exactly it Tessa. You have zero control with anything you're doing. I understand that you have to work but your missing out on the little things of your life." He throws out the stem of the apple. "Your daughter is already a month and a week old. In these early years of her life she's going to need her mother more than anything."

I huff getting really irritated. "Don't you think I know that?"

"Then do something about it! Tess you can't keep leaving your family like this. When you were pregnant I tried my hardest to stay with you. I had offers in Italy, in Australia, in Canada...I stayed because I couldn't bare the thought of leaving my pregnant fiancé alone in a house." He looks me in the eyes. "Tessa I've let that man manage you for way too long. I know you're becoming more well known by the day but he doesn't realize that you have your own separate life. Fame can go away any second. But me. Your parents. Your brother and sister. Your daughter. That is for life."

I purse my lips looking down at the ground. He's right. He's absolutely right. I have only been with him and Selena for two days in the past two weeks, the day before I went to Paris and today. Many may not think so but to me that's a long time. Two weeks of my daughters first two months alive is already gone. To me, my family is and always will be the most important thing. No doubt in that. But Richard, there's literally no possible way in getting around him. I've tried and tried so many times but he takes his job way too seriously. There's no way I can get out of this. So...I just have to deal with it.

"I'm going to New York tomorrow." I state hoping that, that was clear enough.

Ian shakes his head completely disappointed in me. "You know, lately, I've questioned what really is more important to you. Your daughter may not be old enough to understand this but I am. Don't let this popularity and fame get too into your head because when you do, family starts fading away."

I look down at the kitchen floor not wanting to meet his eyes. All I hear is a scoff and his figure walk past mine and go back into our room with a slam.

My throat starts burning and a whimper comes out unexpectedly. I cover my hand over my mouth not wanting him to hear but it's too strong to try and cover up. I let out a huge sob and put my head down on the counter.

- -

"Ian?"

knock. knock.

I put my ear against our bedroom door hoping he would respond back.

But no.

Nothing.

"Honey can I please come in and talk to you?"

I wait another few seconds.

But no.

Nothing.

I sigh leaning my forehead against the door, closing my eyes. "Ian please open the door."

I push off the door and lick my lips nervously. I hear the door knob shuffle for a few seconds before it opens for me. I look up at him with a soft smile. "I did it."

I see his jaw tightening as he swallows. "What did you do?"

"I called Richard." I nod my head looking into his eyes. "He's fired."

His eyes go wide. "You fired him?" Ian laughs. "Wow Tess."

"What? You don't think I'm capable of doing that?" I smirk.

Ian shakes his head chuckling. "I guess I do now."

"You're cute." I giggle pinching his cheek. "Now I will be managing my own schedule. To book events and sponsorships people will have to directly email me and I will respond myself. This way no one can get in the way of my family." I shake my head side to side. "Not anymore."

Ian cups my face pressing his lips against mine. I hum into the kiss as he pulls away. "I'm so proud of you. And if it ever gets too overwhelming I'll take care of it. Okay?"

I smile holding his wrists. "Okay." I bite my bottom lip looking down at his lips. "Oh!" I remember. "Pack some clothes, we're going to a hotel tonight."

"What about Selena?"

"Well my first thought was bringing her with us but then I talked to Jess on advice before firing Richard and she insisted on Selena spending the night with her and Jacob."

Ian laughs. "Really?"

"Really." I nod grinning.

"Oh, that's amazing Tess!" Ian smiles picking me up causing me to squeal.

I wrap my legs around him and he presses his lips back on mine.

"I love you." He whispers as he pulls away for a second.

I pull back. "Not as much as I love you." I peck his jaw next to his ear.

As I look back at him he's already smirking with a hungry look in his eyes.

Tonight's definitely going to be the night ;)