"You..." Shen Xi was immediately red. "you saw."

Yun Shu looked at the shy expression on Shen Xi's face and thought that she looked exactly like a girl in spring. There wasn't a trace of embarrassment or evasion in Shen Xi's eyes. Instead, she looked happy. Yun Shu was almost sure that... "Shen Xi, do you like Su Hang?"

This was the second time Shen Xi was asked this question tonight. But this time, Shen Xi didn't give Yun Shu the definite answer she had given Mother Shen. Shen Xi thought about it for a moment, then replied: "I don't know if I like him or not."

"You don't know?" Yun Shu was surprised.

"I've actually been thinking about this recently. It's probably a little too late now though, we're already married after all. I couldn't help wondering if I was going to spend the rest of my life with him." Shen Xi glanced towards the buffet table. "And then I realized that I wanted to."

In her previous life, Shen Xi had also thought about this issue. In the first six months of her marriage, Shen Xi had felt uncomfortable and oppressed whenever she thought about her future. She honestly hadn't been willing to spend the rest of her life with Su Hang. But her morals and her upbringing forced her to stay. Marrying Su Hang meant that Shen Xi had vowed to stay with him, no matter what. Unless Su Hang divorced her, Shen Xi couldn't renege on this vow. So even under pain and depression, Shen Xi made herself endure.

In the second year of her marriage to Su Hang, they were already having sex. At the time, Shen Xi was reluctant to have children, so her bedside table contained contraceptive pills all year round.

By the time her marriage reached its third year, Shen Xi wasn't that upset anymore whenever she thought about her future. Perhaps she simply got into the habit. She felt that it wouldn't be so bad living with a 'guest.' They respected each other, and honestly, this was more than what most marriages in her circle had.

(T/N: I don't know how to word it other than a 'guest.' More than a stranger, less than an acquaintance. Someone you treat courteously, but who you wouldn't be totally comfortable with.)

It wasn't until the fifth year of their marriage that Su Hang handed her divorce papers and said that he was setting her free. At the time, Shen Xi didn't know what freedom was. Her mind was full of doubts as she looked at him. Shen Xi didn't understand why this man who had pressed her down just last night, was suddenly giving her these divorce papers so early in the morning. So for the first time ever, Shen Xi had asked him why.

"I haven't seen you smile for a long time...."

Back then, Shen Xi didn't understand his answer. But now, in this second life, Shen Xi thought she understood.

"So what you're saying is, you're not going to look for ways to divorce Su Hang in the future." Yun Shu asked.

Shen Xi shook her head. Shen Xi hadn't wanted such a thing in her last life, how can she even think of such a thing now that she's much happier?

'Until death do us part' was a promise greater than any vow of love. Yun Shu forced herself to smile. She didn't even know if her own feelings for Shang HeXu were as deep as that.

"You know," Yun Shu started. "I always thought you liked Shang HeXu."

"Why would you think that?" Shen Xi was surprised.

"That's what everyone says. You two were always together." Yun Shu replied.

"Even if other people said so, you're my best friend. How can you not know who I like and who I don't like, ah." Shen Xi said.

"I always thought it was a given, and when the time was right, the two of you would just naturally get together." Yun Shu explained. "After all, neither of you had dated anyone all these years, ah."

Shen Xi raised a brow. "Aren't you the same?"