"And... About his fiance...

How in the world do you know that guy is my client's fiance?"

That made the officer snap out of his trance, raising an eyebrow at the lawyer's rough tone of asking him questions. He threw another file on the table, shaking Taehyung with that unexpected thud. The officer was about to shoot an answer back but something stopped him. More like a smooth voice that hits the scrooge hush between them.

"Because they were in love.

They were in love for years. Madly and deeply.

At least he was."

The unknown man said, startling the room, especially Taehyung. It was a lie. Because there's no way in heaven Taehyung was in a relationship or love. Then how come this man can say this to him? Taehyung quivered at the look the man gave him. He took a moment to draw the unknown male's appearance. With his broad shoulders, blond hair was falling over his forehead as a mess, but his handsome face looked like a piece of the moon, shining brightly in the shady room. No, he hadn't seen the man before. The said male walked forward to Yoongi along with another male behind him, in a black tuxedo, perfectly accentuating his tall figure, he was wearing Chrome Hearts glasses, raven hair combed back neatly, sharp eyes, and jaw clenched. They had their gaze landed on Yoongi, then at the officer.

"I'm sorry, what are you saying? Tae and he---"

Chanyeol butted in, confused with the man's words. The blond male passed a glance at him before cutting him off, glances now landing on Taehyung's petite figure.

"Jeon Jeongguk."

Taehyung paused his breathing. Never in a million times did he think a simple name can do this to him. His heart wavered for a bit and his body felt numb not because he was familiar with the name. He simply didn't know what happened. A while passed and Taehyung finally brought himself to reality, mind still chanting the name he just heard. Even though it was the first time, there was a foreign urge started to pile up in the pit of his soul, pulling the strings of his heart. As if he's a broken guitar chord, forgetting to play the harmony, Taehyung sat in the middle of the chaos. The name does nothing to him. But he wanted to.

He wanted it to paint a face, with a beautiful smile, and a million stars in the eyes. He wanted to outline a world where he halts on the footpaths adorned with cherry blossoms in the spring to meet the person with the name Jeon Jeongguk. Taehyung feels the phosphines in front of his eyes slowly unraveling into his brain, forcing him to stop where he started daydreaming.

"Officer, I'm Kim Namjoon. I'm a lawyer. And this is my husband and Jeon Jeongguk's brother, Kim Seokjin."

The man in the tuxedo explained and Taehyung felt shivers running through his spine. The guy wasn't even trying to be authoritative. Yet his civil words were so tapered that made the caramel-haired boy skip a beat. He could feel the wild thumping of his heart clear to his ears. As Taehyung peeked at Yoongi, he found the lawyer already fixated his eyes on Namjoon. Taehyung knows Yoongi is the best out there. And he trusts the elder more than himself now. Nevertheless, he couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen to him in the next moments.

"Look, Namjoon-ssi. We're sorry for your loss. But my client Kim Taehyung here is not the one involved in this fatal thing. We have proof that he was at his shop when the incident happened."

Yoongi broke the silence and pointed to the laptop in front of him. The look on Namjoon's face was fairly believing what the other lawyer said. Either way, he glanced at officer Minho who replied in a low yet stern voice.

"He's right. This guy was not the one who... Someone impersonated him and did all this to trap ---"

"I've told him. I've warned him. I always did. I always tried my best to tell him that this man is nothing but bad luck for him. I've always warned him not to fall into the trap of this bastard. I--- I told him Joon to not... My Jeongguk..."