Chapter 1:The Day it All Began

Start from the beginning

But I wonder, what if magic doesn't exist? What will happen to these people? Never mind.

We successfully arrived to school on time. I saw a lot of students outside, they must be pretty late too.

''Oh, there's my room over there! See you later!" I smiled at Rey before we went different ways.

There is no special class today, they said that it was because the royalties are preparing for something. Well then I guess I better go to my class. Mira-sensei will scold me if I'm late. She is very kind but if you make her angry, you're dead.

When I entered the classroom, I already saw a lot of students practicing their magic. Some of them are already seen floating in mid-air. You can also see others creating barriers. I was entertained by that, I can't take my eyes off of them. I really want to study more about magic and to do that as well, I must fight those what they called "monsters".

"Class, please settle down." Mira-sensei entered the classroom as she walks up to the center.

It became surprisingly quiet for awhile. This must be the power entrusted to the adults! Just kidding.

"Today, we will be learning about the origins of magic." She was very serious about it. But I can tell that this lesson is really interesting, why? It's because I have been questioning myself about it for a long time. Where do magic come from? When did they exist? And others.

"I bet all of you wants to say that it was created by wizards, of course!" She said when she noticed my classmate raising his hand. After that he got disappointed and started to bring down his hand, I felt sorry for him though.

"Of course... not! Wizards did'nt create it. They are just the ones who spread the knowledge about it. Magic originated from the ancient runes that was found in the other world. The legend says that it was given to us by the heavenly beings."

The heavenly beings? Like angels or something? Speaking of ancient runes, how can magicians read them? I've seen the runes in books but I can't understand them. Unless they have someone with them that has skills for that. This is really interesting, I need to learn more about it.

____________________________________

"Oy!" Rey shouted as he ran towards me.

"Hi Rey! Look... LOOK! I got a perfect score from today's pop quiz!" I showed him my aced pop quiz.

"Wow! Now, that's an achievement.'' He said with a wide grin.

"Hahahaha!" I laughed as I forced a smile at him. Okay! I know that I'm not that intelligent, but I must try my best to do well in magic! That's me, being modest.

When he noticed that I was irritated and that I'm going to punch him, he started to ran away.

"You were kind this morning!" I shouted to him as we ended up playing tag. Geez! This is what friends do right? But I can tell that he's also proud of me so I'll let him off this time.

"Reanna!" My mom shouted cheerfully as she welcomed me back home.

"I'll be going now, bye!" Rey said his goodbye before he left to go home. I also said goodbye to him afterwards.

Mom asked me to cook dinner while she takes care of the laundry. I love to cook and it's what I'm good at anyway.

"Ouch!" I cried as I accidentally cut a wound on my hands. That's odd, I'm usually good at handling knives. I watched the blood flow as I washed it with water. If this was food color, I'd say it looked like blood. But it's not.