T W E N T Y - N I N E - LEO

Start from the beginning

"Did he say he was going to skip? Did he say anything about Lily?"

The desperation in my voice turned my brothers suspicious look to one of worry. The rest of my brothers mirroring the expression.

"Leo what's going on?"

"Callan I need to know if he said anything"

"No, he said he was going for a smoke and we've not seen him since. He never said anything about Lily either."

My face morphed into a frown, where the hell did they go?

"Leo, what the fuck is going on" Ace spat, impatience lining his tone.

I ignore him. To lost in my own mind to deal with his outburst. Anxiety hitting me like waves as the worry in my chest increases.

Something's not right.

"Lily went to speak to Jack at the end of lunch. She told Leo and their friends that she'd meet them in class, but she never showed." Killian replied.

"Maybe they had to go home for something?" Carter murmured as he smoked his cigarette. "You said Lily was looking for him, I wouldn't be to worried. Call Jack if it's bothering you that much, I gave him your number yesterday in case he had to talk to Lily when she slept over."

I pulled my phone from the pocket of my black dress pants and typed in Jack's number that Carter had given to me.

Sorry the person you're calling is unavailable-

I took Carters words into consideration, maybe they had to go home for something. I'll give it a few hours and call him again later.

I tried to brush the worry I felt aside as I got in to Callan's car. The drive home slow as the New York traffic filled the busy roads.

______________________________

I busied myself with my sketch book, my art work inadequate due to the slight tremors coursing through my hands.

Jack still hadn't called me back- the worry intensifying with every hour that goes by, four have currently passed making it seven in the evening.

Fuck this.

I picked up my phone dialling Jack's number once again-

Sorry the person you're calling is unavailable-

Unease washes through me, my full body now on edge. I inhale sharply willing myself to stay calm. Moving my focus back to my sketch book as I pick up the pencil in my shaky hand- only to throw it across the room.

I need a distraction.

I exit my bedroom making my way down the hallway towards the home cinema. My older brothers- minus Zac and Grey, all present as they watch a marvel movie that doesn't grip my interest.

Alex is first to acknowledge my presence. His face slightly morphing in confusion as he observes me. His dazed look most likely due to the fact I've came in here willingly, they normally have to beg me to spend time with them. He pats the spare seat between Ace and himself indicating for me to sit down, which I do.