Nicole's History

*Teachers call her Katherine*

❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╤╤╤╤ ❉

Nicole grew up surrounded by science, with her father working as a geneticist at Oscorp Industries and her mother teaching biochemistry at some college in Harlem. It was evident that she would develop an interest in the subject, and her father eagerly anticipated this so he purchased her a Makeblock mBot Robot Kit when she was five years old.

"Charles, it specifies on the package that this is for children aged 8 and up..." Michelle gave him a puzzled look as she clutched the empty box in her hands. He hesitated for a second before returning his gaze to Nicole, "3 years won't make a difference...I hope," He murmured to himself as he continued to sort through all of the pieces.

They were both worried that Nicole would not pay attention to the kit, so Charles saved the receipt just in case, but to their surprise, the robot was completely finished two days later, with no assistance from them. Their first response was to run and hide because they couldn't imagine a 5-year-old building a robot flawlessly on her own. Even though it was a beginner's kit, that didn't matter to them.

༓࿇༓

Nicole was in elementary school at the age of 10, and her interest in science had grown by 50 percent, as had her IQ. She was passing all of her classes and had won numerous awards for her academic performance. All of this came at a cost, though, because the teachers couldn't believe that a child her age could have intelligence at least four grade levels higher than hers, so they called a meeting with her parents and the principal.

"We've gathered you all here today to talk about Katherine Alexander, a student." The principal, a hulking guy in his late forties with glasses at the tip of his nose, stood at the front of the room, arms folded. "Katherine has greater intelligence than the usual fifth-grade student, which concerns her instructors; if you shift your attention to this board, you will see a diagram created by the staff that explains the difference." He shifted his gaze to the side as a bar chart was displayed on the smartboard. " Katherine is represented by the red lines, while the entire fifth-grade student body is represented by the blue lines."

"Okay, no disrespect, but if 99 percent of your students are barely passing your class, it simply implies that you, to put it bluntly, stink at teaching," Michelle spoke out from her seat next to Charles, surprising everyone

"Okay, no disrespect, but if 99 percent of your students are barely passing your class, it simply implies that you, to put it bluntly, stink at teaching," Michelle spoke out from her seat next to Charles, surprising everyone. Silence reigned in the room until a woman with black hair and freckles spoke out. "Please pardon me, Mrs. Alexander, but we're doing this for Katherine's sake. She should be a freshman in high school, not a fifth-grader, based on these statistics."

Michelle and Charles sat there for 5 minutes straight, wrath and sadness oozing through their veins like poison, while their child's instructors dismissed her intelligence and their parenting abilities. Every reason why Nicole's grades had to be fabricated flowed from their tongues, and none of them paused to consider that she's just a really bright girl, It was a heartbreaking and revolting sight.

"I'm not sure what the point of this meeting is; our daughter is doing well in school, so that concerns you? Do you realize how stupid that sounds? The actual question here should be, why is our daughter the only student who is passing all of her classes? That appears to be an issue you should all be discussing with THEIR parents, not with us. Nicole is no longer a student here as of today, and I will be reporting you all to the school board."

She ended up being homeschooled until the eighth grade after that, and when it came time for high school, she decided she didn't want to be homeschooled any longer, so they enrolled her in Midtown Science High School, where she met Gwen Stacy and Peter Parker.
--:::------::------------------->◇<--------------------::------:::---
Word Count: 655
Hey Guys! So this doesn't count as a chapter I just thought it would be cool to just give a background of Nicole's childhood and stuff like that :) The first chapter will be posted next :)