She strided past her beige four poster bed and glided over her thick grey carpet toward the bathroom in the corner. She kicked off her shoes and peeled off her sweaty clothes, and plummeted into the huge tub. She splashed to the surface and gasped from the cold. It must have been ready for a long time. She didn't like having people help her bathe. Frankly it was weird, and she was perfectly capable of doing it herself. She hated how being a princess came with so many unnecessary things. She knows she is privileged and is grateful for all the things she gets, but this isn't the life she wants to live. Kazimiera quickly scrubbed herself clean from all the dirt and sweat and washed her hair with a plethora of delicious smelling products. She dried herself off and changed into a flowy lunchtime dress.

Kazimiera skipped down the ostentatious gold hallways of the palace, her eyeful dress and clean hair swirling behind her. She craned her neck to get a good look at the ceiling, the abnormally large hallways never failed to amaze her with its beauty. She took note of the amount of people cleaning today, there were more than usual. She was curious but brushed it off.

She slowed when she turned the corner nearing the eating hall. She's learned that the conversation changes when she enters the room, so she tiptoes closer to the entryway like a panther ready to strike listening to her parents' hushed voices for interesting news that she would have otherwise been left out of.

"It's the best thing for the country. She doesn't know-" Kazimiera recognised her father's voice but right as she was getting to the good stuff, she stepped on a creak in the floorboard. Kazimiera winced at her own stupidity.

"Come in." He declared, with his back turned to Kazimiera.

Kazimiera's parents look like they took their genetics and stirred them in a mixing pot and painted her and her younger brother with the perfect blend of their DNA. They have their mother's nose, but their father's eyes, while they both have very dark brown hair, Kazimiera's is curly while her brother's is stick straight. Their skin was darker than their mother's, but lighter than their father's. Sadly, no one took on Queen Bozena's blonde hair and blue eyes.

Her father is the king of Shovonya, and her mother is the queen, although it's just a name. She can't do anything since she's not the king. Which is a polite way of saying she can't do anything because she's a woman. She was the daughter of a very important noble in her home country of Begona, but she was in an arranged marriage to her father. If she had tried to get out of it, she would've been killed. She had no choice, she was trapped forever, everyday would be an act. She pitied her. Kamila vowed she would leave, and go far away if this fate were to ever happen to her.

She sighed and dragged her feet to her seat, two chairs away from where her father sat, his nose buried in important papers. She pulled out the chair, causing the wooden legs to scratch the floor, earning a dissatisfied glance from her mother who sat diagonally from her, and plopped down causing the chair to skit a little bit more.

Kazimiera hated eating with her family. She tries to avoid it as much as possible. Getting up early and eating breakfast without them is something she does daily, and so often they have balls and meetings that she gets left out of, so Elvira sneaks her something they can munch on together and talk about all the things Lexi overheard during work, and all the annoying things Kazimiera's brother, Florian, did to her that day.

But lunch she could hardly get out of, like right now.

Kazimiera studied the paintings on the ceiling above where she sat, and the gold trim around the enormous floor to ceiling windows that viewed the village on the bottom of the hill the castle sat. Ugh there's too much gold. Kazimiera thought. And it's too big, why do we need all of this?