Chapter 2

I walked home after another day of hell, with my best friend Izzy. She was the only true friend I had, she has stuck by me through everything, even when everyone else has left me and I'm forever grateful for that. Izzy is the smarter one out of the two of us, she wants to become a doctor like her dad whenshe grows up and she will make a great one.

We walked all the way to her house then I continued alone to mine. As usual, the house was empty and I was going to be home alone for most of the night. I dreaded the time when my parents came home though, I would get abused as soon as they walked through that front door. There was no safe place to hide. No one knew about it, not even Izzy, and I want it to stay that way, it would be the end of me if anyone found out.

It was pitched black, but I wasn't allowed to open the curtains, even when they're away. They will find out, even if I shut them before they got back. I stayed up in my room and its just a waiting game until they come back.

They came back at two in the morning, they woke me up with their loud entrance. They couldn't be any louder if they tried. They shouted after me and I went down, there was no way of escaping it, if I didn't go down they would only come up eventually. Its better to get it over and done with, that's what I learned anyway.

It was over and done with in an hour. I was laying on the living room floor while they were in bed upstairs. I stayed downstairs all night, it was too painful to get up and move upstairs.

I had to get up to clean my blood up off the floor before they got up and complained about it. I decided to get ready and leave for school three hours earlier than I needed to, I wanted to getthe hell out of that place. They wouldn't care about where I was, they wouldn't worry that I wasn't there, I'm just a mistake to them.

The freash air made me feel a little bit better at least, I should do this more often. I stayed well away from the town centre for now, incase someone saw me and asked queations, I didn't need someone asking questions, not at the moment.

I felt a hand on my shoulder while I was walking, it scared the life out me. I turned around and it was the new boy, I haven't bothered learning his name yet. To be honest, I didn't really care, its not like I'm going to spend that much time with him anyway.

"What are doing up so early?" He asked and before I could make up a lie he spotted all the cuts and bruises on my face.

"Don't ask, its difficult to explain." I sighed.

"We've got time." He said, he really didn't get the hint, did he?

"I really don't want to try" I turned away from him but he gently tugged at me so I stayed.

"Its not the people in school, is it?" I shook my head, "then what?"

"My parents" I mumbled and then I started running away as fast as I could, embarrased that I told him. In fear that he would mock me, see me as weak, or something else like that.