Part 11: An encounter from the past

Start from the beginning

-"What date is it in January then? You probably don't want to be on tour on your birthday.." I said before I could think. It was something that stuck in my head after all the things Sophie said about them, when Alex's birthday was. I didn't want to sound like a stalker.

-"Then it will be late January, so don't worry I will be home on me birthday." He said with a smirk at me.

-"I don't know then, depends how excited you guys are to be touring again."

-"Maybe we will start in February, I am still enjoying my time off." He said and looked at me.

-"Okay whatever you say Al."

Then they got lost in more conversations about the tour. Now it was more how long it should be and stuff like that. They asked me sometimes about my opinion. In the middle of our conversions my phone started to ring, Marcus. What the fuck did he want? We were broken up, there was nothing more to say between us. I just put my phone down again, ignoring his call.

-"Aren't you gonna answer?"

-"Nah it's my ex. I don't know what that could be about." Alex looked concerned at me as another call started again.

-"Fine, I will answer."

-"What do you want, Marcus?"

-"Where is that cartier ring I got you?!" He was so aggressive that it scared me. He knows how much I hate when people are mad at me and scream at me.

-"I don't know. Why do you ask?" I said trying to have a calm voice, cause if i would sound the same as he did he would be furious at me.

-"Well I have tried to look for it in your apartment now for the past 40 min. Where the fuck have you hide it?!" Marcus was so loud that Miles and Al could hear, it was a really embarrassing moment.

-"Wait, why the fuck are you at my place? Why do you care about that ring so much?!" Now my tone changed, why was he in my apartment?

-"I still have a key fucker. And it's for Esmee, we are celebrating one month so she deserves something good."

-"Just fucking buy another one then, why do you want it back so badly?"

-"Well I have paid for one, why pay for another?"

-"I will come home and give you that fucking ring."

-"Thanks Dol." He said just to trigger me.

-"I have to go home. My ex is in my apartment looking for a ring that he gave me, he wants it back now to give to his new lover apparently."

-"Do you want us to come with you?"

-"I think that would just start more drama." I wanted to say yes because I was genuinely scared when Marcus was mad, he had a short temper.

-"Are you completely sure Dol? Because we can plan the tour another time. He seemed very mad." I thought about it, I really needed support at this point. I shouldn't be so fast to reject support when I really need it.

-"It would be nice if you could come with me. If it's completely fine with you guys."

-"Don't worry about it Dol." Said Miles and gave me a hug.

When we all were standing outside my door I didn't know what to expect. I let out a big sigh and opened the door. Marcus was rooting around in my draws and lifted things and threw them around.

-"Stop rooting around my things!" I said and pushed him away from my bureau.

-"Tell me were that fucking ring is!" He said and grabbed my shoulders and started shaking me.

-"Okay okay fine, just let me go." I whimpered and almost started crying. His hands were so strong, I bet I would get bruises after his harse grips on my shoulders.

-"Stop! You are hurting her!" Screamed Alex and pushed Marcus away so he almost fell.

-"Are you okay?" He asked and looked me in the eyes.

-"Who the fuck are you two?! Have you got two new boyfriends Dol? Wow, you are such a slut."

-"What the fuck did you just call her?!" Screamed Alex and were about to beat Marcus up but he got stopped by Miles.

-"Mate, is not worth it." Miles tried to calm Alex down as I looked for that stupid ring.

-"Here you go Marcus." I said as I gave him a silver little box.

-"Thank you." He smiled at me.

-"Can I get my key back by the way?" He just threw the key at me and left the apartment.

-"That fucking bastard." Swore Al in anger after the door closed.

-"I'm so sorry about that."

-"You shouldn't apologize at all. He should that fucking-"

-"Calm down Al." Said Miles, still trying to calm him down.

-"We can help you clean up after the mess he left." Suggested Miles.

-"Really? Thank you, but you don't have to if you don't really-"

-"We will help you Dol." Said Alex after he had finally calmed down.

Then we cleaned up the mess he had left to me, it was so easy for him to just make a mess and leave. In my apartment and in my head. I was beyond thankful for all the help from them.

-"Thank you so much guys." I said as I hugged them. They both gave me a bright smile.

-"Anytime Dol." Said Miles. As they were about to walk out of my door I stopped Alex.

-"Can you please stay over?"

-"If that's what you need then sure."

-"Bye Miles" We both said at the same time, waving him goodbye.

-"Thank you so much for staying over. I don't want to be alone with my thoughts tonight."

-"Of course I would stay for you." He said and gave me a hug. Making me smell his scent which gives me comfort.

-"Do you also have a guitar?" He said and pointed at my old guitar hanging on my wall.

-"Yeah, I got it when I was 18 as a christmas gift. I thought I was gonna write songs and all but then I forgot about it. Can you play something again for me?"

-"Are you gonna let me finish playing the song or are you gonna fall asleep again?"

-"I can't promise anything."

-"Do you have any requests?"

-"Just chose a song."

-"Okay then." I cuddled once again on my couch this time, eager to hear him play.

-"I guess you wonder where I've been. I searched to find a love within. I came back to let you know. Got a thing for you and I can't let go.." It was What you won't do for love by Bobby Caldwell, that song had a special place in my heart. To hear Alex sing it made it so special. It was so mesmerizing watching him be so concentrated on the strings and sing the lyrics, he looked so passionate. This time I didn't fall asleep even though I was close.

-"You are unbelievably great."

-"Thank you. Do you know any songs on guitar then?"

-"I only remembered one, It's actually one of your songs."

-"Can I hear it? Only if you feel comfortable enough." I was always so nervous to play in front of others but he made me feel safe.

-"Okay, only because it's you." He gave me my guitar and I tried to remember the chords and I remembered them quite quickly.

-"Have you got color in your cheeks? Do you ever get that fear that you can't shift the type That sticks around like summat in your teeth? Are there some aces up your sleeve?" He looked at me with a surprised face. That face that the jury's have in like American Idol when someone is just amazing.

-"Been wonderin' if your heart's still open And if so, I wanna know what time it shuts."