Chapter-37

Author's note: sorry guys in last chapter i wrote engagement instead of roka later i got to know about it. i am not familiar with north indian rituals.

Recap: mahir and bela got engaged.

After two days:

                          Roka ceremony

Everyone arrived at sharma mansion for the roka. they wanted to do it in a banquet hall but bela denied and requested everyone to do in their home in a simple way and everyone complied to her wishes.

bela and others came downstairs and greeted each other. mahir and bela were looking at each other without the care of the world. everyone coughed then they came out of their trance. they saw that everyone were smirking at them. bela blushed and mahir sighed to himself.

                              Bela's outfit

                              Bela's outfit

M

Mahir's outfit

shanno told mahir and bela to sit together. mahir quickly goes towards bela and grabbed her hand. they sat together and everyone laughed at mahir's behaviour. bela blushed and glared at mahir and he sheepishly smiled at her.

first sumitra and shanno applied tilak which contains vermilion and rice grains on mahir and bela's foreheads. then sumitra covered bela's head with red chunri and gave her jewellery and cash. kuhu gave bela gifts, dry fruits and a basket full of different types of fruits and cash.

similarly shanno gave mahir gifts and cash and other things. then sumitra and amms exchanged gifts. mahir and bela took elders blessings.

Sumitra: tum donon humesha khush raho aur do  theen saal ke baad mujhe dadi bana do

bela blushed and mahir smirked at her.

Karan: bacchon ka toh pata nahi lekin aunty aapko raat ko kaan mein cotton lagaake sona padega.