𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲

" hello..?" 

both y/n and ryujin who's feeling a bit interrupted while chatting with each other turn their heads at the source of voice in unison, eyebrows furrowed upon seeing sunghoon standing all awkward beside them. clearly he's trying his best to put up a smile. 

" y/n, uh can i talk to you for a while? " sunghoon straight away said since he don't want to waste any time. meanwhile the brunette only flashes him a perplexed expression, still nodding  her head eventually. getting the permission, sunghoon immediately looks at ryujin and it did not take long for ryujin to understand that now it's her cue to leave them alone so they can have a talk freely. ryujin smiles, mouthing a small 'good luck' towards sunghoon before her silhouette cannot be seen anymore . and fortunately, he's fast enough to catch what ryujin said earlier. 

y/n taps the surface next to her, motioning sunghoon to sit beside her and of course he didn't refuse to and just do as told. 

" is everything fine?" she obliviously asks, a bit confuse and curious at the same time by looking at how serious sunghoon is right now. 

" yeah uh, just need to talk to you a bit." he shyly scratches the back oh his nape.

" alright, then. what is it?"

" i'm just going to be honest.." sunghoon rubs his sweaty palms together to ease his nervousness a bit. the brunette keep herself silence, deciding to let sunghoon talks first because she's pretty sure it wasn't a light topic. 

" first of all, i want to apologize. sorry, y/n. for everything." 

she's clearly bewildered with what was coming out from sunghoon judging on how her eyes slightly enlarged. the apology was probably unexpected, she don't sure how to respond to that. " but why..?"

" just in case i made you uncomfortable a lot. i realized it though."

" it's fine, i promise. and if anything, i must've forgive you long time ago, sunghoon." she said, a sweet smile forming on her lips.

" but that's not all i want to talk about.." sunghoon continues, this time a lot more anxious that before. even though he hesitates to tell her this but come to think of it again, this is probably the best way for him to eventually move on. she deserves to know anyway.

" but please don't be mad." he adds and y/n can do nothing but to nod her head.

" i'm listening,"

" i...i like you. i really like you." he finally confessed. " please don't be mad, i'm sorry-" his words are cut off immediately the moment he heard she letting out a small chuckle. 

" why would i be mad?" and much to his own surprise, she doesn't look as shock as he expected her to be. 

" wait, you...don't?" sunghoon timidly asks, and she was quick to shake her head, resulting him to let out a sigh of relief.

" it's not your fault you have feelings for someone, right? it's not like you want it to happen.." she responds with a matter of facts. plus, one of the reasons why she understands sunghoon so well is because she also used to question herself too. back then when her marriage was falling apart, she asked herself everyday why would she even falls for someone that don't appreciate her? why was she willing to wait patiently for him? she even started blaming herself for being too stupid but no matter how much she tried, no matter how much she forced, she can't throw away her feelings to him at all. 

now she's thankful that everything is much more better, and she cannot imagine a life without him—— beomgyu.

sunghoon looks at her, amused. at the same time grateful that she's so understanding. " i'm telling you this to finally move on. y/n, i really hope you're happy with beomgyu. i know that he's already taking care of you well. i see that you're each other's happiness, and i know that i have no rights to hold you back anyway so i'm...finally letting you go."