𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸, 𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗹

the girl could never forget the way those massive sting immediately entered her head the moment she fluttered her eyelids opened

and the way she instantly shut her eyes closed back, trying to bear with the unexpected pain and the bright moonlight that was slipping through the wooden window. it was brighter than usual, different from other nights. she don't know what time is it, and she don't ever bother to find out because her eyes automatically landed on a certain someone instead. the brunette don't need to check, because she can effortlessly know.

a small smile unknowingly forming on her lips. just staring at him like this unconsciously made her heart flutters and she even forgot about how her head is still throbbing in pain right now. maybe at the way he looks so ethereal since most part of his face was covered with the bright moonlight. y/n lets out a sigh, she can clearly see the thick eyebags under his eyes. indicating that he must've been so tired and right at the moment, hint of guilt rise inside of her.

she brings her hand up, caressing his black silky locks slowly. at the same time enjoying how her fingers slipping through the soft strand of hairs.

because she is sane enough, she can clearly remembers how she lose conscious in the forest while playing with the kids ealier. and she remembers how her head started hurting the moment she sees the ring. and she remembers hearing beomgyu's voice saying those three words to her before everything went black. she lightly cupped a side of her hand with her palm, memories flooding back wildly.

" beomgyu.." she whispers with a slightly shaky voice, throat feels dry. and that low voice unintentionally awaken beomgyu from his sleep since he wasn't a heavy sleeper.

the boy blinked his eyes slowly, trying to process what the hell is happening but the moment he heard a not-so-audible voice calling something like his name, his pair of eyes immediately shot opened.

" angel..?" beomgyu don't know why, but his eyes suddenly feel teary. he don't even know where those tears come from.

the brunette softly smiles. and although her features are a bit pale, the smile still look beautiful as ever. like how it always is. beomgyu would never grow tired of that sweet smile. he had no choice but to return the same smile, bringing up his hand to softly caress her hairs.

" how are you? are you okay?" beomgyu asked, holding both of her hands in his. he didn't let go, but the clutch tightened even more instead. the girl lightly giggles, feeling happy at how beomgyu cares about her a lot. she can clearly see how he's worried to death, it was visible in his eyes.

" help me get up first" she lowly mutters, but beomgyu heard it well and clear so he don't need to be told twice to immediately did like what she asked. he even puts a pillow behind her back so that she don't have to lean against the hard wood. y/n thankfully smiles, grateful that beomgyu understands her well. and then the guy handed her a cup of water which she didn't bother to refuse.

beomgyu lets out a small sigh, crouching next to the bed at the same level as her and choose to stare instead. it is as if he'll lose her if he avert his gaze to somewhere else even for a second. meanwhile the brunette just smile, looking away to hide how flustered she's right now. the girl handed back the empty cup once she finished it all and beomgyu immediately take it from her hand to put it on the nightstand.