Part 51 "Scarred"

Start from the beginning

Vorgen: "Phew.... that's better..... " he sighed in relief, wiping his mouth with his sleeve, before pulling his mask down to cover the lower half of his face.

The medicine did not cure him or improve his condition, it only Aliveate the symptoms, giving him a temporary feeling of relief, the coughs became much bearable for him.

*Flap* *Flap* *Flap*

Amber the hawk flew down beside Vorgen, perching  on the bench and looked at her master with concern.

Amber: "Screech...." She let a out a weak whine.

(Just a Shady guy with his hawk)

Vorgen: "I'm fine, Amber. *Sigh* Shit.... Leave me alone for a while alright?"

Amber: "Screech!!" She flapped her wings in protests.

Vorgen: "I said I'm fine. Now be a good girl and leave daddy alone alright?"

Amber: "Screech..... " She reluctantly obeyed and flew away, leaving her master.

Now that he was left alone, Vorgen let out a long sigh, looking at the clouds and the blue sky with his two tired eyes.

Bored with watching the clouds, he then focused on the people passing by. The men, the women, the children, the elderly they all looked happy as they went on with their life.

The men and women conversed with each other so lovingly.

Kids playing innocently and with no care to the world.

Vorgen  felt envious. Envious of how much time they have left.

And he was also envious on how the elderly could keep smiling so much even after knowing they wouldn't have much time left in the world.

However he knew the reason behind it after seeing how The elderly observed their young ones with smile on their faces.

Vorgen pinched the Bridge of his nose trying to fight the urge to just scream and lose it right there and then.

But he managed to supress that feeling by pulling out a certain necklace from his satchel.

He took a long look on the necklace on his hand as he rubbed the green jewel piece on the center of the necklace.