You between my arms

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

It was now approaching 5 in the afternoon. Since the morning time Yaz had talked to her family about what happened. That was one long and awkward conversation down, now she just had to suffer through another two with Kenji and Sammy. She made her way downstairs with the help of her siblings. She came down just in enough time to hear the doorbell ring.

"I'll get it," her mother called form the kitchen as she sat down the tools she was using.

She walked over to the door and opened it. She then, smiled and greeted the Gutierrez family as they stepped in and removed their coats and shoes.

"Hi, it's nice to see you guys," Sammy's mother spoke with that smile of hers on her face.

The young girl's parents greeted the Fadoula family with smiles on their faces as well. Sammy scanned around the room for Yaz, eventually spotting her on the couch waving at her and her family. She quickly made her way over to her. Dropping down onto the couch next to her and hugging her.

"Oh Yaz! I'm so glad you're okay," Sammy said with a deep sigh of relief.

"Thank you Sammy," Yaz said to her friend.

"Why don't we go upstairs and talk for a bit?" Sammy suggested so the two would be able to have some form of privacy. Yaz nodded and with that, Sammy helped her dear friend up the stairs and into her bedroom.

The duo sat on Yaz's bed in silence. Sammy was waiting for Yaz to speak. Yaz eventually cleared her throat before beginning, "What do you wanna know?" She asked her friend.

"I wanna know how you're feeling Yaz, it isn't everyday that we loose out on things that are important to us, like competing in nationals," Sammy answers.

Yaz sighed, mentioning nationals stung pretty bad still, her feelings were hurt and she was sad that she wouldn't be able to compete with all the other girls on her team.

"If I'm being honest, I feel terrible. I'm happy that I won for my team but at the same time I lost out on something that was big to me, I won't be able to compete in Nationals and it's on nobody but me," Yaz answered truthfully.

Sammy nodded as she listened thoughtfully. She sat there thinking about Yaz's words. She felt bad for her friend. She wasn't really into sports but she would offer as much support as she possibly could.

"Yaz, I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I can't imagine how it must feel for you to have to sit here while knowing you won't be participating in what you worked so hard to achieve. It's not fair. I'm here for you," Sammy told her as she hugged her.

Yaz smiled as she hugged her back. She really appreciated Sammy's words. Now the final person she would have to talk to is Kenji.

Sammy pulled away from their hug before asking her, "Have you talked to your boyfriend yet?" In a teasing manner.

Yaz's face went red as she playfully pushed her, "Sammy, stop he's not my boyfriend," she whined while flustered from her friends statement.