[ 016 ] we've got issues.

— CHAPTER SIXTEEN.
we've got issues.

ODESSA WATCHES AS GLENN approaches her. She sits in the doorway of the RV, a small object and her knife in her hands.

"Hey, Dessy," he says to her as he comes to a stop, his eyes flickering to his feet every couple seconds. "Here's some um— I got peaches. Do you want one?"

"No," she tells him, "but thanks. You can give mine to my mom."

Immediately, Glenn's face goes pale. "Why— why would I give yours to your mom?"

Odessa shrugs as if she doesn't know that her mother is pregnant. As to change the conversation, she holds up her project. "I have somethin' to give you. It's nothing special. I just thought it was cool."

"It's awesome," he sets down the basket of peaches. He then reaches out and takes it from her gently. Glenn examines the snake around the bat. "How long you been working on this?"

"Since the camp," she informs him. "I thought I was gonna die after I got bit and I wanted you to have to remember me by, you know?"

Glenn nods, though a frown etches onto his lips. "Thank you, Dessa. It's pretty cool."

"It is, isn't it?" She smiles weakly.

"Odessa!" Her mother shouts.

Both Odessa and Glenn look in the direction of her mother's voice.

"Ah, shit," she mumbles to herself. They both stare over to where Lori, Dale, Shane, and Rick are all gathered around Carl who sits on a picnic bench with a look of anger on his face.

"Looks like he's in trouble," Glenn grimaces. "Better go see what she wants before you get in trouble, too."

"Yeah, I better." She stands. "Catch ya later, Peaches," she blows him a sarcastic kiss.

"Don't call me that!" He calls after her as she walks towards everyone else.

As Odessa comes to a stop at the table, she plants her hand on her hip. "What?"

"Your brother stole a gun." Odessa's eyes immediately shoot wide, "you wouldn't happen to know anything about that would you?"

"What?" She laughs at the accusation Odessa absolutely has something to do with. "No!"

"Don't lie," Shane hisses.

"Don't talk to me," Odessa's eyes snap to her godfather, a dangerous glint in her blue eyes. "You don't have the right."

"Woah, woah," Rick holds his arms out in surprise. He looks to his oldest. "Why are you bein' so hostile?"

"Because Shane is a prick and I don't want him talking to me," she says bluntly. Eyes go wide. "If Carl stole a gun it's not because I told him to. Maybe he just wants to learn how to shoot and handle one like I did way before I was his age."

"I'm not comfortable with that," Lori shakes her head. When she sees the look on Shane and Rick's faces she starts again, "oh, don't make me out to be the unreasonable one here. Rick?"