[ 000 ] shot.

— PROLOGUE.
shot.

SHE CHEERS WILDLY AS his fist smashes against the other boy's cheek. The bright eyed girl chants the words "fight" along with the rest of the students. Two boys are fighting viciously in the middle of the hall. There is blood on the floor, a tooth, and what she believes to be is a finger nail.

Suddenly, a wild shriek comes from behind her, "you bitch!" A girl jumps on her back from behind. The girl who is jumped hits the ground roughly. She grunts as the other girl shoves her face into the tiles and sends a fist into her face.

The bright eyed girl sends her elbow backwards and bucks the sneaky bitch off of her. She is on top of her in a second.

Now there are two fights happening within twenty feet of each other. One with the reasoning over a girl and the other because the bright eyed girl's father arrested the other girl's addict father.

Arms wrap around the bright eyed girls waist, pulling her off for other girl. On the ground is acrylic nails, hair, more blood, an earring, and an nose ring stud.

"What is happening in my halls!?" The principal's voice shouts loudly. The boy holding onto the girl doesn't let his grip loosen as the principal looks their way. "Miss Grimes?"

Miss Grimes otherwise known as Odessa Grimes shrugs her shoulders. "The bitch jumped me." She informs her principal.

He looks at the girl on the ground. She has obviously had her nose ring ripped out, four acrylic nails tore off, and blood all over her face.

He then looks to Odessa. She only has a missing earring, a busted lip, and a bleeding nose.

"My office." When no one moved he shouts, "now!"

Minutes later, Odessa is sent home. She walks home while her mother screams at her over the phone. She screams that the girl's parents is going to press charges, that she was grounded, that her father is going to be so disappointed in her.

She is only home an hour before she hears the front door open. She watches confusedly as her younger brother, Carl Grimes, rushes to his bedroom. When she looks up she sees Lori Grimes, her mother, and a man who is not her father.

Shane Walsh.

Then she realizes the expressions they wear are not anger. They are solemn. She knows something is wrong.

"Sit down, Odessa." Lori motions to the kitchen table. She obeys, glancing between them nervously.

Something is wrong.

"Mom, what is it?" Odessa asks.

Lori and Shane share a quick look.

"It's your dad, honey. He's been shot."