Prologue

Legends have told far and wide about a mysterious captain. They say he was born a human in Moscow, Russia. As a young boy, he traveled the seas with his father. One dark stormy night, the boy almost lost everything. His father had died along with his fathers crew. The ocean ate up the ship. The boy himself barely made it. However his life was saved by that of another that was in the seas.

A red haired mer/Siren male brought forth the boy to an island not far from where he saw the boy's father's ship go down. The male did everything he could to save the captain-to-be's life. "Come on, Lad, don't be the last of the Moscow pirate bloodline." He said in a very strong Irish tone. "You have yet to discover your true self and path."

The boy coughed up the water from feeling pressure from the other to his chest. The boy after being cleaned revealed ash blue hair and bright blue eyes. He looked around and blinked...jumps to quick panic. "Huh–? Where am I?- What happened to the others.??-" He looked towards the male that saved him as he squinted his eyes a bit from the sun. He was in so much shock and confusion.

"Ah- Lad...you are on an island. The others—-um they didn't make it..." The red haired male shook his head and looked away. "I tried to save them and the ship but I was too late." He sat beside the young pirate and drew in the sand with a stick. "I have a shelter over there built till sunrise then we can journey to an island well known by my kind."

The young boy shook his head and looked at the other. "I may have lost almost everything...but Thank you for saving me at least. My name is Kuro." He looked to the other as he was slowly gathering the last part the male said in the last part. "--your kind?"

"Kuro is a beautiful name...It's pretty. My name is Ruari." the red haired male said and nodded at Kuro's last question. "My kind....my people. I am half siren, half merfolk. My father killed my mother because she sang her song after I was born. He's a king of the merfolk. The sirens don't know i exist." Rauri said as he walked towards the sea. "It is almost night time. I need to go back to the waters. I will see you at Sunrise tomorrow, Lad." He said and dived far into the seas a bright light and fancy magic happened as his feet turned to a tail and his shirt vanished and a crown of sea jewels graced his red hair. He still had yet to reach the age of changes.

______________________________________________________________

The next morning came fast after Kuro recovered. He was awoken by a flute being played and the smell of something cooking. He looked up to see Rauri playing a flute as he cooked. He stopped to think for a moment, did he not say he was half Siren..."Rauri..??" He said as he rubbed his eyes. "Why are you playing songs? Can't you die from that?" Kuro seemed to be intrigued by the male's ways as he quickly got cleaned up and walked towards the prince like male.

Rauri smiled and paused his music from the flute just to answer Kuro. "Ahh lad, interested, are we? See we can die by singing our song. But playing it via instrument....gives me a chance to do what i enjoy without death." He said to kuro as he finished the food and handed the boy a wooden carved plate. "Here. Eat. We have a long journey ahead of us before we reach another homeland with actual interaction." Rauri said and went back to playing his flute.

Kuro ate and began to take the music in as he finished the food. He began to dance around. As the song neared its end Kuro spotted Rauri over by a ship in the sea. Kuro jolted happily towards it. "Let's go Rauri....time to begin our journey."

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------