7: If Holding A Grudge Was A Sin, Tell The Devil To Hold My Spot

"What do you want asshole?" Y/n folded her arms.

"Seems like you're not the only one who's upset." Mello said to Matt.

Matt merely rolled his eyes at his friend, "Gee. I absolutely couldn't tell."

"Good luck with that man." Mello laughed.

Y/n turned around to walk back down the stairs when Matt slid in front of her, "What did I do?"

Y/n folded her arms, "Nothing."

"Okay I know that isn't true. Did something happen?"

Y/n bit her lip from the smile that threatened to show because of his concern.

"Nothing happened."

"Then why are you mad?"

Y/n looked to the side, looking the people in the main area from the balcony. A hand gripped her chin gently and moved her head to its original position.

"Nuh-uh. Look at me."

"Matt-"

"What's going on here?~" Parker cooed slinging an arm around Y/n's shoulder

"Y/n's mad and she won't tell me why."

"Eesh, good luck with that buddy." Parker winced before skipping over to Mello.

Y/n tried walking away again but Matt blocked her path again, "I'm talking to you."

"Why are you so persistent?"

"Because I don't like it when you're angry." Matt crossed his arms, "Which you clearly are."

Squinting her eyes, she studied the brunet's face.

There was a bruise on his cheekbone, she couldn't have seen it at first glance because of dark it was and the flashing colours.

"What happened to you?"

Matt immediately straightened his posture and cleared his throat, "I had to deal with some stuff."

Y/n brought a hand up to his face and brushed her thumb lightly over it.

"Does it hurt?"

"Not anymore." he gave a lopsided smile.

"Matt!" Mello called approaching the two with Parker trailing behind, "We have trouble."

Mello said his goodbyes to his girl, giving her a kiss before giving a nod to Y/n in which she returned.

"I guess I have to go now." Matt laughed nervously, "I'll see you soon sweetheart."

Then he turned to Parker, "See ya Ginger."

Without waiting for a response he was gone.

"Sure you will." she muttered.

Y/n watched as he left and ran down the stairs then out the door.

"They had a mole in the mafia hideout and Matt dealt with it." Parker said from behind her, Y/n turned to face the ginger girl, "Pretty sure that's where he got the bruise from."

"'Dealt with it'? What do you mean 'dealt with it'?" Y/n asked, "Did he kill him?"

"What else do you do with a traitor?"

It was quiet for a second before Y/n spoke, "Has Mello ever killed someone?"

Parker snorted, "That's a dumb question." but seeing Y/n's expression she answered genuinely, "Yeah, he has."

"And." The h/c haired girl trailed off, "And that doesn't bother you?"

"I mean yeah." Parker shrugged, "But I'm here to support him and he treats me well. And I love him so I don't focus the bad. He does what he has to do."

Y/n nodded in understanding. She knew what Parker said made sense. I mean they did live in a place where there were lot of gangs and mafia groups.

They never hurt innocent people, that was their one rule.

"Enough of that." Parker pulled Y/n out of her thoughts, "It's 12 so we get to go home."

"Wanna come to my place." Y/n suggested.

Parker grinned then nodded, "Let's go."

Gathering their stuff, they walked out and headed to the girl's apartment that was about 7 minutes away.

They reached the apartment and both took a shower. Y/n gave her friend some clothes of hers.

Y/n wore an oversized shirt, not bothering with shorts.

"What movie you wanna watch?" Parker asked, flipping through the channels as the two sat beside each other on the couch.

"You're the guest, what do you want to watch?"

"But I don't know what I wanna watch, that's why I'm asking you."

"I don't know either so you're gonna have to make up your mind on what you wanna watch."

"I dunno."

"Okay." Y/n took the remote from Parker's hands, "Fuck movies." she threw the remote on the other couch beside them.

"This is why we hardly do shit together." Parker giggled, "We're too indecisive."

Remembering the girl had a cake mix somewhere in the kitchen, she got an idea.

"We can bake."

"Say less."

Parker grabbed her hand and pulled the h/c haired girl to the kitchen.

Y/n retrieved the box of cake mix from the overhead cupboard as Parker got some bowls.

Parker had been over to Y/n's hundreds of times so she knew where everything was.

"If we fail at this I swear I'm never entering a kitchen again." Parker shook her head as she took out the flour from the cupboard, "That's just borderline embarrassment."

Y/n snorted as she took out the eggs and milk from the fridge, "It's from a box. How hard can it be?"

"You say that now."

Just then, Parker got a message which she tended too.

Y/n read the back of the box as Parker texted.

"Crap, Y/n I have to go." Parker sighed as she shoved her phone into her back pocket, "It's Mello. He says he's-"

"Hey, no. No need to explain." Y/n smiled, "Go on. I'll see ya tomorrow, yeah?"

"God, you're the best." Parker hugged the girl tightly as she swayed them both side to side.

"Parker... Can't...breath."

"Oh!" She immediately let go and chuckled nervously as Y/n caught her breath.

"Do you need a ride?" Y/n offered whilst trailing begin the ginger girl who walked towards the door.

"Mello said he'd pick me up at the club. You don't worry about a thing, you just stay at home and relax." Parker said before opening the door, "I Love ya, Y/n. See you tomorrow."

"Love ya too Parker."

With that, she took off and Y/n sighed as she closed her apartment door.

Y/n laid down on her couch, flipping through the channels. She got bored pretty quickly when she saw a movie was about to start.

She had seen it previously so she knew it was good but man...was it long.

Like 3 hours and a half.

Y/n took the blanket that she always had draped neatly on the back of the couch and was going to cover herself when knocking was heard at her front door.

She groaned and rolled her head back as the knocking continued, "Shut up! I'm coming, I'm coming!" She yelled.

Once opening the door her eyebrows shot up, "Matt?"