He had heard rumors about the queens of Yther walking in Azitera again; he took the rumors with a grain of salt, so never in his wildest dreams did he think that he would meet a queen—the Mistress of Flame at that!

"Forgive my impudent tone, Your Highness." Zio's forehead was pressed on the ground as he bowed. "I didn't realize it was Queen Sollel. I am called Zio Vasserel, a high-tier wind sorcerer and the former general of the Kingdom of Treterra. I am honored to meet you, Your Majesty."

Zio's voice was steady and firm, but the truth was, he was trembling inside and only controlling himself from shaking in fear. He only heard tales of the Mistress of Flame, and he knew through those stories how strong the queen was. But kneeling in front of her, Zio realized how shallow he was to think that he could measure the Mistress of Flame's strength.

Even after reaching the highest tier of wind element and understanding the wind essence inside him, Zio wouldn't dare measure such enormous essence coming from the queen.

It was hot, fiery, scorching, blistering, and overbearing. That was the kind of essence the queen had.

To wield such power, he thought. Indeed. Only the queen blessed by deities will be able to control it.

"You may rise, Zio Vasserel." The queen spoke with such grace, which left Zio distracted, but his distraction was replaced with astonishment when he heard the queen's next words. "You are the grandfather of my student. No need to be so formal with me."

Zio's stupefied face glanced at Zassia, his naïve granddaughter. "S-student?"

Zassia nodded with a proud smile, and the queen confirmed it. "Yes. I blessed Zassia with my flame."

Zio nearly lost his consciousness when he heard the queen's words. Blessed?! A direct blessing from the Mistress of Flame?! Zio was lost for words as he stared at his granddaughter. No wonder...no wonder my little Zaza had become strong! To receive such honor—a direct blessing!

Still kneeling, Zio grabbed Zassia's hand and squeezed it tight. "Zassia, you have to work hard. Don't disappoint the queen. The future of Ignis Village is in your hands."

Zassia nodded. "Yes, Grandpa. I will serve the queen well. I will not disappoint her nor the villagers."

"Good. Good." Zio breathed in relief and smile. "I'm so proud of you, Little Zaza. You've grown." Then he bowed at the queen again. "Thank you for taking an interest in my granddaughter, Your Majesty. It means a lot to me. I know I can never repay your kindness toward my little Zaza, but if there was anything you need, anything at all, just say the word and I will do it," Zio swore on his life.

Sollel couldn't help smiling. The sincerity in Zassia's voice when she spoke to her, she could hear it from Zio as well. "There is one thing I need, but first, stand."

Zio immediately got up and stood in front of the queen like how a soldier would. "Anything you need, Your Majesty. I am at your disposal."

Sollel placed her hand on Naya's shoulder. "We are going to a very dangerous place, a place not suitable for children. I am hoping that you could take care of Naya for me. Zassia recommended you."

Zio looked at the little girl beside the queen. The girl had a slave collar, confusing Zio as he answered, "Your Majesty, I am not planning on staying in this town. I am a wanted man. The kingdom will not stop hunting me, so my plan is to travel to the Dwarven Kingdom to meet up with my old pal and stay there for the meantime. If my plan was okay with Her Majesty, then I will gladly take care of Lady Naya and travel to the Dwarven Kingdom with her."