CHAPTER 65

CHAPTER 65

SOLLEL IMMEDIATELY destroyed the enchanted necklace Hakkeran was wearing so he could enter the hall earlier without anyone questioning who he was. "You don't need this anymore. As much as I like your handsome Hakkeran face, I want your real face."

Hakkeran just smiled and wrapped his arms around Sollel's waist. "King Tirac will throw a fit if he found out that I destroyed two of his important and expensive creations."

"Tell him the Mistress of Flame destroyed it." Said Sollel because she knew King Tirac wouldn't mind if it was her. "That will shut him up."

"Don't mind if I do." Hakkeran pressed his lips on his lady's forehead and whispered. "You're very beautiful in that dress, by the way."

That made Sollel smile. "You like it?"

"Yes. Very."

Sollel was pleased and she was about to wrap her arms around Hakkeran's neck and kiss her lord when she heard a voice from behind her.

"Your Excellency, Your Highness, may we leave and go to Adral?" It was Gabin, who didn't want to stay in the destroyed palace of Infernal Empire.

Gabin didn't know how the two could stay loving and sweet while they were surrounded by debris, flames, lava, flaming swords, chaos, destruction and death. They are really meant for each other, Gabin thought when the queen turned to him with a sullen look, as if angry that he interrupted their loving and sweet moments.

"My lady," Hakkeran kissed Sollel on the temple before he introduced his trusted aide seeing how his lady's face turning dark. "This is Gabin, my trusted aide. Gabin, this is my lady and my Krahika, Queen Sollel. From now on, you will aide her too."

Upon hearing that, Sollel's face lit up and she even smiled. "Oh. So you're the trusted aide."

Gabin was relieved to see the queen smiling. I will not turn into crisp Gabin. "A pleasure to meet you, Your Highness. I hope that I can be of your service in the future." Gabin bowed his head, respectfully, as he hopes that the queen will not stress him out like his lordship. "I apologize for interrupting your moment with His Excellency, but it would be best if we change location."

Sollel looked around them before returning her eyes at Gabin. "You don't like what I did to the place?"

"Yes, Gabin." Hakkeran seconded as if scolding Gabin. "I think my lady did amazingly with this place."

Gabin had to stop himself from looking at the queen and his excellency flatly. Yes. They are really meant for each other and yes, they will give me headaches in the future. "Your Excellency, we have a guest in Adral, remember?"

As if Hakkeran only remembered their guest, he replied, "oh, yes. We have a guest. Let's get going then." And from his ring, he took out a bead and called Nessus. "Come out, Nessus. We're going home."

When Nessus came out, he immediately went to rub his beak against Sollel's arm making Sollel smile.

"You miss me?" Sollel ruffled Nessus' feather before looking at Hakkeran. "Go ahead first and wait for me in the sky.

Hakkeran just nodded and didn't ask any more question. He asked Gabin to mount Nessus after he mounted and told Nessus to fly up.

Up in the air, where they could see whole palace, that was the only time Hakkeran and Gabin saw the destruction Queen Sollel caused.

"What a scary queen," Gabin muttered under his breath, seeing the ruins below them caused by nothing but flame— destructive flames. Everything was burnt and destroyed. Death could be smelled in the air and even at that moment, the whole city was being devoured by lava and sea of flames as people scattered to escape.