Chapter 2

You enjoy the cool wind that played with your dark hair and smile slightly.

"...Then I woke up in the hospital in the intensive care unit. I was in a coma for two weeks, with blood poisoning and a high fever. When I woke up, the doctors questioned me about how I survived it.... I...couldn't say, though. It was all so different, so strange, then all the people and especially the male doctors. My pulse increased and I hyperventilated. I remember begging the doctors not to do anything to me, even though they wouldn't do anything, but doctors reminded me of my doctor in captivity. They wanted to give me a sedative injection, but I was flailing, crying, and didn't want to deal with any substances they would inject me with. And then... the door was ripped open...," you smile slightly.

"My family came rushing in. Immediately I sat up, ripped off my IV and ran to my mother who hugged me tightly. I screamed and cried loudly, sinking to my knees and holding onto my mother like an anchor. My two older siblings also hugged me, but when I felt a male hand on me, I immediately slapped it away and hid behind my mother. My father sadly whispered my name. At that point they must have known what was happening to me in part because it was explained to them that my torture must have been cruel and I was probably raped as well. Therefore, they were cautious, but I saw the hurt look in his eyes. I felt guilty and cried, apologized, but I couldn't hug my father for quite a while. After I calmed down a bit and there was only one doctor present, three policemen also came in. Immediately I tensed up, the machine started beeping when they saw how fast my heart was beating. They tried to calm me down and my mother immediately hugged me. I calmed down. She was my barrier. When I was in her arms... nothing could happen to me. So I started telling the policemen and the doctor everything. They were shocked, especially my family about my two cousins, even more shocked what happened to them. The cops also asked me what kind of doctor was this that treated me, the doctors at the hospital said he was definitely a genius in his field. I described him all the faces hair exact because they didn't wear masks later. And then... the policeman asked me that they had found two bodies in my 'cell'. Again, I explained to them what I was doing and started crying, afraid to be locked in a dark, cold cell again for killing two people. But everyone calmed me down and said that this was self-defense, which I denied. After all, I had planned everything, which they still gave me credit for. They were also surprised that I was also taught there and found out that I had an above average IQ. Well, what could you do when you were punished for every mistake? It went on like that for years afterwards. I had always tried to do everything perfectly, the fear of receiving beatings remained. Even with my family, although I knew they would never do something like that. Nevertheless, if one was tortured as a six-year-old child, the damage remained. Even though the therapy I went to helped a lot," you look sadly at the floor.

"But my illness caught up with me again.... There were weeks when I was so bad and then months when I was so good. After three years, on my 18th birthday, I decided to move out. I just wanted to go my own way and be independent. At night school I had made up for my school-leaving qualifications and passed with top marks, as well as studying psychology at a university. I also finished my studies and got my master's degree, but after that I went in a completely different direction..." you laugh nervously, "I started an apprenticeship as a hairdresser. I was like - there you're dealing with people every day. So you can overcome your fear better. It was also therapy for myself. My sister trained me, because she is a master hairdresser. It went well as long as my illness didn't make itself felt.... Well... and then, two years after my training, I got a pulmonary embolism and could no longer pursue my profession and ended up in a call center for the energy and water sector. Customers call us when they have questions about their electricity contracts, or about their bills, budget payments or meter readings and so on. It was fun, too, but my illness threw a spanner in the works. I lay at home for several weeks and slept most of the time. But in the night I would wake up because I had to go to the bathroom, but I felt so dirty that I could hardly stand on my feet. I was dizzy, coughing up blood and my body was more than weak. I had not taken much to me in the time, which had not really disturbed me, because I was used to it ... Well, on the way to the bathroom, I lost my footing, I fell, I noticed how my head hit the edge of my table and I became unconscious. And then I woke up in a home... as a child, without memories...", you finish your sentence. Everyone listened to you attentively, not knowing what to say, they were just too shocked by you. Especially Jin-Woo was hurting the most. He would do anything right now to undo his actions, but he knew himself that it was not possible. He closed his eyes and noticed a tear running down his cheek as he draped his arm over his eyes....