Sadly, I just gave up, I didn't have the strength to ask her. I just spent the day ghosting her.
Once the day was over I went back home, threw away my backpack and laid on my bed.
"You dumb bitch...it was just a question..." I said covering my eyes with my arm. I took a few breathes and sat. "Maybe I just don't like her..." I convinced myself.
The day after was Saturday and also Christmas, which meant that the Christmas bal was tomorrow, and once the day came I just didn't know what to do.
The bal was at 9 pm so I spent almost all day talking with my friends about the situation, even though I didn't want to they wanted me to come at all costs, so once it was time I prepared myself and went to school with my siblings and their partners for the bal.
Once there, all people there greeted me as I walked down the hallway, I looked around to see who was there when I spotted the Nordics. I decided to approach them and ask about China, India and the others, since I was actually looking for them. They said that they saw them outside the school waiting for them so I instantly rushed out to search for them.
I looked around, but I couldn't see much, it was already dark and the snowing didn't helped at all, so I decided to just call China, but as soon as I got my phone closer I heard someone exclaim: "No! Please! Leave me alone!".
I instantly closed the call and focused on the lament, trying to understand if it was just my imagination or not, but right after I heard it again, but sounding more desperate: "LET ME GO!".
I instantly rushed towards the voice to understand what was going on, and once got close enough to see the scene I hid behind a corner. There was Canada blocked in a corner by four boys, that I couldn't recognize but surely didn't have any good intention.
"Tough the girl, huh?" One of them said.
"Come on, just one night, it's Christmas after all, you'd make a huge gift...~" Another one said attempting to touch Canada's hair. Canada instantly hit his hand to push it away and covered her chest.
"I don't even know you...leave me alone..." She replied scared but also looking threatening.
"Ahah! You think you have a choice!? You're coming with us...we'll make you if you don't want to!" One of them exclaimed making a sudden move with his arm, which made Canada flinch.
"She's not going anywhere with you..." I said coming out of the corner. "...she's with me."
My eyes and ears couldn't handle this conversation anymore and just felt the need to intervene, so I just showed up myself in her defense.
They all turned around in surprise.
"What...? Who are you?" One of them asked.
"His friend...leave her alone...now." I responded getting closer.
"Do you know how to count? We're four, and you're one! Do you think you have a chance!?" The tallest one said also getting closer.
"You don't know what are going to deal with..." I replied.
We were almost going to face each other and once they attempted to attack me I got ready for defense, until one of them fell on the snow by a hit on the head.

Canada hit him with an iron pipe making him bleed from the nose.
"Very well...kinda stupid to distract yourself like this, no?...Now go away...leave me and my friend alone before I'll shove this pipe down your throat..." Canada said pointing each one of them with the iron pipe stained with a little blood. They boys backed off and helped their friend getting up, then they quickly ran away.
"I- where did you get that??" I asked to Canada once they were gone.
"Right there, it was laying with the others!" She responded pointing to a pile of other iron pipes close to the wall.
"O-oh!" I exclaimed.
"Thanks for the help anyway, I would've heavily struggled if you didn't interviene." She said.
"U-umm...yeah...no problem. What are you doing here anyway?" I asked.
"I wanted to come at the Christmas bal and maybe see everyone before the winter break...didn't think this would happen..." She responded.
"Same here...and don't worry, it's not your fault, you did amazing tho!" I replied.
We both giggled and right after I heard my friends calling me, I turned around and saw them waving at me.
"Ru-Ru!" China screamed running towards me while the others were following him. Once close enough me and Canada greeted them.
"We were searching for you around school, when we saw four boys running away from here! You got anything to do with it?" India asked.
"Is that...blood on the pipe you're holding...?" North Korea asked after him pointing at it.
"Okay...let me explain, these dudes were harassing Canada so I intervened to rescue her, but then she found this iron pipe, hit one of them on the face, and made them run away, right Candy- I mean- Canada?" I responded.
She giggled and replied: "Yes, it went like this, thanks to Russia nothing bad happened to me! Oh! And...cute 'Candy', I like it~".
"I didn't mean to call you like that-" I said avoiding eye contact with her out of embarrassment.
"Thank goodness, thank you so much Russia...so at the end you did invited her, well, that's better then...if she'd came alone she would have prolly struggled with those guys!" India said.
"He did?" Canada asked.
"I did?" I asked at her same time
We looked at each other in confusion and right after we both slightly blushed looking away.
"Congratulations Ruski! Lucky you, you found a cute lady to spend the night with!" Vietnam replied clapping.
"Alright, we'll leave you alone then!" China said going away with the others. "Enjoy your time together and remember to be respectful Ru-Ru!" He concluded.