1: BECOMING A STARK

My story began when I first encountered my father, Tony Stark, in 2010

My story began when I first encountered my father, Tony Stark, in 2010. I was 12 years old. I had found out about Iron Man being Tony Stark in 2008, but wanted to keep my distance in order to process the information, and think properly about how I was going to do it. I approached him after his commendation ceremony in Washington and seeing him receive the award alongside Rhodey (he was alone when I went up to him, easy for me as I was what most adults would think was a stupid child/ a fan).

I told him how I was his child, a result of one of his past relationships (The person is insignificant, the mother died and I was being fostered up until this point), and he somehow believed me and  called child services right then and there. Because of his extreme power, he was able to confirm the DNA/ legality/ important checks very quickly, as well as be evaluated to be a fit parent. This meant that within a matter of days, I was living with him and Pepper Potts in his Malibu mansion. I was confirmed to be his daughter, Dani Stark.

It was a few weeks before I was revealed to the public, though. There were a lot of things that still needed getting used to. My relationship with both Pepper and Tony was amazing from the start, and I proved to be very similar to my father - in many ways. I looked quite like him even though I have long fair hair, but that's where the differences stopped.

But no, the more important similarities between us were that I was a complete scientific genius, like him. I have a sixth sense for physics, maths, computers, engineering, and I am constantly curious about the world around me, and the infinite amount of possibilities. Tony/ Dad always said that I was very similar to my grandfather, Howard Stark, as well. A family of geniuses.

My emotional intelligence, however, also matched his

My emotional intelligence, however, also matched his. I possess the ability to outsmart any person in any given situation (bar him, of course), which proved to be insanely useful when I grew up. Yes, hostage and abduction situations are fairly common when you're the daughter of a powerful billionaire, and they still happen sometimes, at 21 years old. My dad definitely understood, what with him being held as a hostage of The Ten Rings for months in Afghanistan.

We bicker a load, especially in the lab, because of how similar our personalities are.