Day 30: Accidental Summon

(Welp, guess I'm doing this then)
(I regret nothing)
(Thanks to people in discord who contributed in giving this idea xD)

"Are you ready for today, brother?" Nightmare asked his positive twin, Dream, who then nervously glanced back at Nightmare. "N-No not really... I just... What if I fail?" Dream sighed softly. "I won't be able to complete the spell or... Or maybe not even succeed when I did-" "Dream, you're gonna do great, okay?" Nightmare then hugged Dream gently, who blinked before slowly nodding.

"I'm sure you'll be able to get a really good grade this time! You have the potential, you just don't let yourself reach it!" Nightmare pouted and Dream blinked, smiling gently, he was glad yo have such a supportive twin honestly. "But still-" Dream sighed before Nightmare then grabbed his bag, Dream grabbing his as well. "No buts! We don't have that. Come on! I can't wait for the magic tests and see what kind of element I'll main!" Nightmare exclaimed excitedly while Dream chuckled softly. "Alright alright..." Dream then quickly followed after Nightmare after they had left their home, closed and locked the doors.

They then went of to their school to their school, Nightmare just holding Dream's hand the whole way there.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Now it's time for your test of magic!" The teacher then clasped their hands together and gave a wide smile to the arrange of students in the room. "I'm sure you're all excited to see what type of magic you all got!" "I can't wait to see what Nightmare will get!" "Same! His element must be as powerful as he is! Not like his brother." "Yeah, Dream's kinda a wimp." "Honestly, Dream probably won't even be able to be able to probably make anything..."

Dream then looked down as the whispers about him continued, Nightmare frowning and then carefully holding Dream's hand and squeezed them. "You're gonna be alright brother, I'm sure you'll do great..." Nightmare smiled gently and Dream frowned a bit. "But... What if I don't...? I'm... I'm not as cool as you are..." Dream murmured, right, who would even like a yellow wearing freak like him.

"That's not true brother." Nightmare frowned softly at the negativity emitting from his brother, Dream just looked down again at his desk and slowly nodded, trying to now ignore the mean whispers degrading him and focused on the ones that held Nightmare on a pedestal. Honestly, Nightmare is a really great person... "I don't deserve you..." Dream couldn't help but mutter and sheepishly smiling and Nightmare rolled his eyelights. "You do, brother. Fuck them, you're worth it." Nightmare grinned and Dream slowly nodded.

"Alright! Now we're gonna do this in the order of who has the highest intelligence! So of course, we're starting off with Nightmare!" A few cheers and dreamy sighs echoed as Nightmare got up with an eyeroll at the responses, going to the podium where they would summon their guardians and started chanting.

Ah, how Dream aspires to be as powerful as Nightmare... He can already do it is the thing but... He just... Can't. He doesn't want to honestly...

Plus, Nightmare deserves all the praise and love he gets after what happened in their past life... Damn villagers.

Multiple shocked gasps, some 'ooh's' and then cries of fear echoed when Nightmare had finished his test, mostly a magic test really, Dream however, watched in awe as a moon symbol then appear in front of Nightmare, it being slightly drippy before swirling around him and just suddenly hitting him on his back, seconds later, four large tendrils sprouted out and Nightmare gasped a bit when it did so. Dream's awe turned to worry, did it hurt Nightmare?! If it did then it's not cool anymore! Especially since he got flashbacks to Night's screaming after he consumed the apple. Unfortunately, he doesn't remember anything past that but still.

Dreamcember 2021जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें