Chapter 1

Maya's POV.

May 13, 1987
4:47pm

Today's the day.

The day I get to see my old friend Michael in concert live! I haven't seen Michael since high school.

We both went to the same private school in Gary Indiana.

Michael and I were the best of friends.

We would sit by each other every day at lunch, hang out as much as possible and shared out deepest secrets with each other.

He was like a brother but I also had a little crush on him but I don't think he knew.

He would always say how much I mean to him. I don't think he had feelings for me though.

Anyways I better get ready. The concert is at six thirty and I want to get the best seats.

I hop in the shower and use my peach scented body wash to wash my body then I shampoo and condition my hair and get out of the shower.

Next I go to my closet and pick out what I will be wearing for the night which is a cute black leather circle skirt with a cheetah print tank top and my cute red blazer.

To match that I put on some black heeled boots.

Then I straighten my long Brazilian/black hair and curl the ombré ends.

For the concert I decided to go light on the make up because it is going to be very hot with all the people around me so I use mascara, concealer, blush and a little eyeshadow.

I check the time and it's 5:50. I put on the finishing touches of my outfit, grab my keys and phone, put them in my purse and head out.
****
At the staples center

I arrive at the staples center in California at 6:00. There aren't many cars here so I make my way into the building and find my seat.

My ticket says "Row A Seat 02". I get a front row seat right in the center.

I stay in my spot so no one else will take my place.

Finally it's 6:29 and everyone starts to chant Michael's name.

At exactly 6:30 Michael pops onto to stage and starts to sing.

People all around me start to faint but I keep my eyes on his amazing foot work.

As he was singing I seen him glance at me and as soon as he did his face lit up and he smiled even more as he danced.

Eventually the concert came to an end but not for me.

As a was about to leave a bodyguard grabbed my arm and said "Excuse me mam. Michael would like to see you back stage."

So he guided me through the hallways until we reached a door that had a big star and said "MICHAEL JACKSON" in big bold letters.

Michael soon came out and when he seen my face he instantly hugged me spinning me around in the air screaming "MAYA MAYA MAYA MAYA!" Once he finally put me down he said "Maya I haven't seem you in so long how have you been?"

"Good. Just living life. I graduated from UFL and got a house and a job so life has been going well. How bout yourself Michael?"

"It's been well. Touring, writing music....touring." he said

"Haha...wow it's so good to see you again." I said

"Yeah it really is. We should hangout sometime soon. Are you available tomorrow afternoon? This is my last concert so I'm free." He said

"Yes! That would be great! Where are we going to hang out?" I asked

"My house. If that's ok with you." He said

"Yea! That would be great. I'll just give you my number and I will call you when I arrive tomorrow." I said

" Alright. Bye Maya!" He said

"Bye Michael." I said

I drove home thinking about Michael. I finally arrived home and I put on my pajamas and went to bed with a smile on my face knowing that I will see him tomorrow.

****
The next morning
11:30 am

I woke up to the sun shining right in my face. I look at my phone and it read "11:31"
I didn't realize that it was this late! I am supposed to be at Michael's by 12:00pm. I had to hurry.

With out any time I put on my light wash skinny jeans and my Mickey Mouse crop top.

Along with that I put on some gold sandals and put my hair in a messy bun.

Next I brushed my teeth and put on a pair of earrings and a necklace.

I was already running late so I didn't have the time to put any makeup on.

I headed out the door with a banana. 10 minutes to spare.

I drove down to highway until I pulled into Michael's drive way.

I knocked on his door, and he answered. Of course.

He had on some kakis a Mickey mouse t shirt and socks on.

"Hey were matching." I said

"Oh yup. Great minds think alike." he said

"So what are we gonna do today?" I asked

"Well..you wanna watch a movie?" He asked

"Sure! Which one?" I asked

"Hmm.. How about "Daddy Day Care" with Eddie Murphy?" he asked

"Ohh.YEAH! let's go!" I said

Michael and I went down to his movie theater and watched daddy day care. During the movie our hand accidentally touched. He looked up at me and blushed. I just looked down and smiled like and idiot.

Michael's POV
I'm so happy to see Maya again! She brings joy to my day. During the movie our hands touched. I felt a rush run through m- wait I can't be thinking like that. It was just a slight hand touch.

Maya's POV

"The movie was great!" I said

"Yea I know! Eddie is one of my favorite actors." He said

We were walking back up to the living room and suddenly the door bell rang.

"Hey Mikey." And unknown voice said

"Oh hey Amber!" Michael said

"Who is this?!" Amber asked

"Oh. This is Maya. Maya meet Amber my girlfriend, Amber meet Maya my best friend." Michael said

"GIRFRIEND?!" I said

A/n hey all my apple head lovers. This is my second book and I just wanna say thank you for all the support. Btw I can make covers for your books if you would like. Just tell me the photo and title and I can do it. Bye luv YALL!