Chapter 11

“I’m fine, don’t worry about it,” I told her, then smirked, “But you still need to take this one.”

“I’ll take it,” She agreed reluctantly, “If you promise to keep out of trouble.”

“W-what?” I stuttered, obviously caught off guard.

“Promise me,” She said her eyes sparkling like crystals, “You’ll be safe.”

“I…” I murmured. Why couldn’t I promise her? A lump formed in my throat and I swallowed it down.

“I promise,” I said hesitantly.

“I thought you where going to faint or something,” Naomi informed me, sighing in relief.

I shook me head, not meeting her eyes.

Naomi’s Point Of View

I nibbled on my cookie quietly as I watched Jason scarf down the Oreos. I laughed silently. He was so cute. Yes, I admit it, he was really cute. And nice, not to mention. And he forgave me. At least, I thought he did.

Something was wrong with Jason. I just knew it. He was looked uneasy. But I couldn’t say anything. Then a wave of de-ja-vu hit me hard. This was just like the day I met Jason! I laughed out loud at the thought.

Jason scanned me intently.

“Remember this? It was just like the day we met,” I told him, still laughing between words.

Jason nodded slightly, with a grin on his face.

I leaned against the wall and let my mind drift. I would have to take it easy, since I had all these bruises now. Just great. What was I going to tell Ty? I was gone for a long time after all. I’d come up with something later. Wait a second. Where was Aaron? I would call him later, I gave him my phone number. I think. Ugh, I think I’m getting amnesia or something.

“There was a funeral for a dead officer,” Jason said out of nowhere.

I took a glance at him and he was staring at me, with an undecided look plastered on his face.

“My brother, Alex, wanted to scare the cops by setting a few bombs. He did, a few people got hurt, not much. I was involved, but I just bought a toy airplane. This happened when Ralph got arrested. He was like a father to us, and I guess,“ Jason sighed and ran his hand through his hair, “Alex ran. He was the main suspect and I was stupid. I told them, the police force, where he was. They found him coming out of a pool supply store, and he pulled a gun on them apparently. And… they…”

I felt horrible inside as I listened to Jason talk about his past. It must’ve hurt a lot, I knew how it felt to lose someone you really cared about. He told me that his brother died.

“Jason,” I started taking a step toward him.

Then a voice behind me advised me to leave. I whipped around and saw a man, which I soon found out was Marcus, Jason’s guard.

I took one more glance at Jason and mouthed, “I’ll come back.”

Jason just looked at me with a look of longing. My heart felt heavy as I exited the detention center.

Poor Jason. I felt so bad for him. But, for some reason I knew he was hiding something. But, its his business, not mine. I shouldn’t be nosy, right?

I found myself in the same bus again, surrounded by the same people. I sighed. All I wanted to do was talk to Jason. But that was impossible right now, I got kicked out. But I knew I would have to return tomorrow. That gave me a little shred of hope.

That’s when I got an idea.

Jason’s Point Of View

Great, another boring recess. I can’t believe myself. I just poured my heart out to someone. And it was Naomi. She is probably freaking out right now. And she didn’t even know the whole story. Damn it!

I can’t do anything about that now. I sighed as I sat on my usual spot, in the grass on the far left corner. It was peaceful.

So, I was there, just watching everyone else when these 4 other guys came up to me.

“Are you Jason McCann?” On of the guys said, pointing at me. He looked like the leader. They where all towering giants, and they looked around their early thirties.

“Why you wanna know?” I responded swiftly.

“You giving us attitude, kid?” Another guy said advancing on me. The leader stuck out his hand, and the one that advanced stopped.

“What we want it,” Glaring at the 2nd guy, who looked shameful, “Is to get out of this place.”

“Keep talking,” I told him. What where these guys talking about? You can’t get out of here easily. Unless, well, you had the right tools.

“We are going to break out of here. We heard your pretty smart with bombs and all. You think you could handle a teensy little favor?”

“What’s your plan?” I asked questioningly. No offense to them, but they didn’t look like the sharpest knives in the drawer.

“Well,” They said looking away. Wow, they don’t even have a plan yet. Idiots.

“Look, if you don’t have a plan, then I can’t help you. Get a decent one and maybe I will,” I told them.

Oh, I shouldn’t have said that. Even if these guys where total dummies, they where pretty strong. Next time, use your head, Jason.

“Oh really?” They all said in unison as they closed in on me. I wasn’t really buff or anything, I could handle a good fight. But when its against 4 other opponents then… I don’t have much of a chance.

“Uh,” I chocked out.

“Either you cooperate or someone’s pretty face will be rearranged,” The leader said, his fist meeting my stomach. Oh, I didn’t see that coming. I let out an ‘oof’ before falling to my knees.

As I gripped my stomach, trying to ease the pain. I saw, out of the corner of my eye, the 3rd guy bringing out a knife out of his pocket. Ah, shit where were the cops when you need them?

He brought the knife up to my cheek and grazed it slightly, so that it left a long cut. It barely cut through my skin, but still blood seeped out of the cut.

“What about now, punk? We don’t wanna hurt you, but I’m sure we can do more than just a measly bruise and a cut.”

I winced at the truth of that. God, what was I going to do now? The only option was to go along, but I knew better.

Hell, what am I saying? I need revenge on Nick Stokes. Yeah… I could feel a plan forming in my head.

“Fine. I’ll do it,” I spat at their direction, as they back off. The 3rd guy put the knife away as quick as he took it out.

“I’m Kane, that’s George, and he’s-” The leader began but I cut him off.

“We don’t need to know each other.”

He gave me a weird look, then nodded.

“We’ll come back later,” They yelled after me as they walked off. They where like a pack of Tyrannosaurus Rexes, all buff on the outside, stupid on the inside.

As I sat there, I brainstormed. After a while, I had the bullet-proof plan…

I started watching Jersey Shore and Pretty Little Liars... Yeah they r addicting... So how r ya guys? I watched beastly, it was awesome! You should totally go see it! Red Riding Hood was horrible, it was like Twilight or something, so cliche. LOL! Paul was funny, Just Go With It was amazing love Adam Sandler. So The song of the day is...

Like A Boss By: The Lonely Island.

I can't stop laughing. This song is hilarious!

Vote. Comment! Like! Love! Smile! Hahahah Love you guys, muaah :*