Chapter 12

“Fine. I’ll do it,” I spat at their direction, as they back off. The 3rd guy put the knife away as quick as he took it out.

“I’m Kane, that’s George, and he’s-” The leader began but I cut him off.

“We don’t need to know each other.”

He gave me a weird look, then nodded.

“We’ll come back later,” They yelled after me as they walked off. They where like a pack of Tyrannosaurus Rexes, all buff on the outside, stupid on the inside.

As I sat there, I brainstormed. After a while, I had the bullet-proof plan…

Naomi’s Point Of View

My hands glided over the keyboard, typing rhythmically. The screen popped open to Google and I thought a little bit, trying to rephrase the situation in a few words.

I quickly punched in ‘Jason McCann’.

After a few seconds, a whole selection of links appeared before me. The mouse hovered over the first few and I selected on the first one, of course.

I know, I know, I’m seriously weird. I’m basically researching, oh heck, stalking Jason. I went to the library, not before using my cell to contact Ms. Young and thank her countless times, and practically flew to the computers.

And here I was.

I know, I am ashamed of myself too.

The webpage that came on was a high school year book picture. Jason used to go to high school. Hmm, he never told me that before, but I could’ve assumed. I pressed the bright blue back button. I pressed the second link which led me to a case file…

The first entry was for Alex McCann. He looked a lot like Jason, except the hair. But they had the same deep brown eyes. They had most facial features the same, but Alex looked obviously more older.

I read the 3 or 4 paragraphs or so. It explained his education, background, stuff like that. But, it also said that he was accused of putting bombs in the funeral of a police officer. Oh my goodness, why would he do such a thing?? 

Jason’s words then came flowing back into my memory. ‘He cracked after Ralph got arrested’.

I shuddered and continued reading. It mentioned that Jason had bought an airplane that had been used to activate the bombs from a distance.