Haikyuu!! Tobio's Girl. Chapter 1

Author's notes:

I had an idea for Kageyama's girlfriend for years in my head. I decided to let her out finally. I hope you  will enjoy it. Let me know what you think. I welcome all comments and reviews.

This story is cross-posted on fanfiction.net and ao3, if you prefer those platforms.

8i8

Lunch break, then two more classes, I can do this. Reina Takenaka took a deep breath. She tried to focus her attention on what her friends were talking about.

"Look, Reina-chan, Sawako," Miyako pulled out a magazine, "have you seen that new line of PF cosmetics? Ahh, I need something like that. I hate my complexion."

"Even if you had them, you wouldn't be able to use them at school. It's a shame, really, especially in your case," Sawako said.

"Well, some people don't care about the rules. Maybe that's the way," Miyako whispered while looking meaningfully at a girl sitting nearby, Eri Yoshida.

Reina stole a glance at her, too. The girl was openly wearing makeup and looked fashionable even in her school uniform. She's gorgeous.

"I heard she has a boyfriend. Outside of school," Miyako's said.

"Obviously. Girls like her are popular with boys. But I wouldn't want to have that kind of reputation," Sawako said.

"Well, isn't that what everyone wants? Didn't you say that you want to have a boyfriend, go on dates and have fun?" Reina asked.

"Okay, yes. But you shouldn't act like you want one. You should be more subtle and natural."

Reina was lost. Where is the logic in that? Instead of saying it aloud, she just smiled politely and nodded her head. She hadn't much experience with social interactions and didn't want to say something that might seem weird.

"I think being a shy, cute girl with effortless beauty is the ideal. But, of course, you don't need to worry about that." Miyako continued.

"That's right," Sawako added, "I wish I had Reina's face. Your face is so white. You look like Snow White."

Or a vampire. She didn't understand the girls' awe. She was pale because she had spent most of her life indoors.

"Yes, you have porcelain skin. With those bright eyes and long hair, you look like a fairytale princess. Especially today."

Reina, who started living in Japan only a few months ago, usually felt awkward when she heard such comments, but today she didn't care. She didn't have the strength to care. All she was striving for was to make sure that no one would notice she was feeling sick again.

"I'm gonna go outside and... get something to drink," she stood up while holding her desk for support.

"Are you sure? The break's almost over."

"I'd better go quickly then," Reina said and turned around, bumping into a desk next to her. Eri Yoshida, who was sitting there, gave her an angry look.

Reina mumbled, "Sorry..." and quickly left the classroom.

In the corridor, she managed to straighten herself up. Feigning a confident walk, she started to the door on the other end.

"Hi, Reina-chan," she heard somebody call her.

"Oh, hi...'' she answered and went on. Just smile, and they won't suspect something's wrong. Finally, she reached the air outside. She took a big breath and stumbled. Fresh air kicked her too hard. Luckily, there was almost no one around. She coached herself into thinking she was feeling better. Looking at the ground, she dragged herself to the vending machine. I'll just drink something cold, and I'll be okay. She looked up.