History and History Books

Start from the beginning

Blocky walks closer and takes Woody's hand , leading him to the bed and sitting down . "Are you okay ? I heard –" Blocky bites his lip "– crying ."

Woody trembles at the mention . Was he really that loud ? At least Blocky never heard that scream .

"Yea –" He gets interrupted by a cough . "Yeah , yeah .. I'm . ffff ine ."

"Really ? You don't seem too good ." (Blocky didn't know why he didn't just outright say that there were in fact a few tears rolling down the other's face every once in a while , maybe he wanted to lay it gently down . Something odd really - he'd usually snarkily reply or point out the obvious in what could be taken in a ride way .)

Woody's face quickly falls into a frown . "It's fine , I'm fine ." He quickly shoves a wobbly smile on his (own) face in haste (and somehow , those statements of being fine were seemingly in more of an attempt to convince Woody himself that he was okay , instead of Blocky .)

Blocky brings a hand towards Woody , raising it to put it on the other's shoulder . "You sure ? Your eyes are red an -"

"It's fine , okay !?" Woody smacks Blocky's hand away harshly , a (mostly alarmed and fearful) look flashing on his face , before a guilty one takes its place .

" … Sorry ."

Blocky seems taken aback (mostly because the times people ever apologized to him were when he twisted their words around like an asshole and then forced them to say sorry , but that was back in BFDI .) , but gains his composure and puts an arm around Woody .

"Hey it's fine ! You're upset , I get that ." He bites his lip for a moment , hesitating to say what he wants to say next . "But really dude , if you're not good then you can tell me ."

Woody moves Blocky's arm away from him (Blocky feels a familiar feeling of a pit in his stomach growing) , and inches away . "Yeah yeah I'm …" , Woody takes a deep breath in (he's still trembling , and his breaths aren't even . Blocky can almost hear the other's pounding heart) ,

"I'm good . It was just a night - " (he pauses for a quick minute , stumbling and tripping over his woods , or maybe it was just hesitation) " - nightmare ."

Blocky crosses his arms and his brows furrow . Ouch , those always hurt . Nightmares were always scary , seemingly digging deep into the darkest corners of your mind and pulling out the most horrid things you never knew you feared , whether it be abandonment or the dark . (At least , that's how it always was for Blocky .)

He shifts in spot , leaning back a little bit to seem more casual (and oh God was he not feeling casual at all , he felt like giving as much comfort to Woody as he could , but that would be weird , and Blocky always knew that coming off as weird was never a good thing .)

"Do you want to talk about it ?" He finally settles on .

Woody simply nods , coming a little bit closer to Blocky and opening his mouth . "I was .. uhm . It was back in .. BFDI . And I was looking at everything that happened in the first episode from afar and -" Woody takes a breath in , words becoming more and more shaky and broken as time went on . "a - and I .. I was suddenly in the place of me but not ME ? yY - Y'know ? And then I got kicked by TD and I got so scared because I got kicked and I was flying and I got hit onto Rocky and suddenly I fell and Icouldn't see anything and itwas alldarkanditwasallsoscaryand —" His breaths are short and shallow , on the verge of hyperventilating , tears pricking at his eyes and it feels so bad it feels so bad why are you crying stop it stop it stop it stop it –

"Hey , hey ! It's okay , I'm here ." Blocky shifts towards the other , wrapping Woody in a hug .

And Woody breaks .

His hands clench fistfulls of Blocky's shirt , crying into his shoulder . His breaths are erratic and unstable , uneven . Tears would roll and pour down Woody's face , staining Blocky's (somehow comfortingly) dull - darkish red shirt (and he feels so stupid because it was just a nightmare and he shouldn't be crying over a nightmare and Blocky's staring at him all worried and now he's made Blocky worried and he's crying and he doesn't deserve any of this what did he ever do to deserve Blocky god -).

Woody grips onto Blocky tighter , hugging him close as if he lets go for only just a moment ; he'll immediately slip away . A sob bubbles in his throat as he chokes it out .

Blocky slowly slips a hand behind the other's back , patting Woody on the back and swaying him left to right gently . He mutters out sweet things to him , soft 'I'm here for you ,' and 'You'll be okay ,' echoing throughout Woody's mind .

More and more tears spill out from Woody , trying to just let it out instead of regaining his composure , and Blocky just comforts him . Unjudging and gentle , hugging him close .

Woody whimpers , hugging Blocky a bit looser than before , snaking his arms around Blocky and breathing heavily into his chest (he can hear the other's heart beat , and it reassures Woody that he's really there .)

"... You can sleep with me if you want ." Blocky lays his head on Woody's , keeping two arms around him loosely . Woody seems to be surprised by this , shifting in his seat and bringing his face out from Blocky's chest (Woody's face is all so smudged with tears but his eyes are still so pretty with that dreamlike dark brown and his hair is so nice and fluffy) .

"You sure ?.."

Blocky nods , gazing his face away from Woody . "Yeah , yeah ! Sure .. Here  just - hive me a moment -" He let's go of Woody a bit more , laying down and pulling Woody down with him . Blocky hugs Woody closer , closing his eyes .)

"It's like … 4 AM , and I think you deserve to go to bed for a bit ." Blocky yawns , getting a bit closer to Woody .

He tries to ignore his face flushing (if it's from tears or something else , he can't tell .) "Yeah .. yeah ! Sure .." Woody closes his eyes , and the last thing he sees is his favorite person's red hair obscuring his field of view .

And maybe for once , he won't have nightmares .