Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

"I know. But damn, Loki, it was horrible."

"It's over now." He kissed her again. "I'm here." Another kiss. "And I am not leaving again." Yet another kiss.

"I'm holding you to that."

"I give you my word, Midgardian. I did what I had to do and it's done. Now, I'm staying home for a while."

She sighed, pressing her lips together. Loki frowned. "What's the matter?"

"Well, Thanos thinks you're dead, right?" She waited for him to nod, then she asked, "So, what happens when he finds out that not only are you not dead, but that you're the one who stole back the Infinity Stones?"

"I don't know, but I'm not concerned. Coming after me won't get him the stones back and he's got far bigger plans than revenge, I'm sure."

That was a relief. She gazed up into his eyes, which were blue again. "So what now, Jötunn?"

"Now? Now we relax here for a while. Then we go home. I have much making up to do to all of you."

"Selig and Aislinn have already forgiven you, you know."

"And you?"

"Loki, I forgave you the minute I saw you. All I prayed for was to have you come back." She smiled up at him, threading her fingers through his hair. "That was all I wanted. And now you're here and everything is right in the world again."

She tugged him down for another kiss and when he pulled back, she whispered, "And I finally got to undress you out of that armor. Which is kind of a pain, by the way."

"I know. A flick of my fingers is so much easier." He brushed her lips with his again. "Although, the armor does seem to drive women wild."

"It's not the armor, but the man inside it," she whispered. "And what women?"

He laughed softly before kissing her again. "All of them."

"Oh, really?"

He shifted, aligning his hips with hers and arched one eyebrow as he pressed into her thigh at the same time. "Only one of them matters, though. The rest pale in comparison."

"Is that so?"

"It is."

"Good answer," she replied, parting her legs a little wider to accommodate his hips. "Again, Jötunn?"

"Always, darling girl," he whispered before dipping back to kiss her, much more deeply this time. He broke the kiss long enough to add, "I will never have enough of you, McKenna. Never," then seized her lips once more.

***

Back in their chambers, Loki flopped facedown across the bed and couldn't hold back his low groan. He'd forgotten just how comfortable their bed was. "I've never been so grateful to be in this room," he sighed, his voice muffled by the dark green comforter.

The bed dipped and McKenna said, "This is the first time in weeks I haven't hated coming in here."

He lifted his head, turning to look at her. She lay on her back beside him, and when she turned to him, she looked absolutely worn out, as if she hadn't slept more than an hour or two a night for months, which she probably hadn't.

He rose, then slid his arms beneath her to shift her so her head came to rest on the pillows. Then, he stretched out beside her, reaching to pull her against him. Damn, how he'd missed the feel of her against him. "Sleep, love," he murmured. "You look as if you need it terribly."