Chap. 12

"Do you want me to look with you?" Asked Cole.

I entwined my hand with Cole's and slowly nodded. He gave me a reassuring smile.

He helped me stand up. He put his arm around my shoulders and we started looking for our names.

~~~~~~~

Hours later, IM5 and Sarah had already found their names. I still hadn't found mine. I was about ready to give up.

As we looked, no one wanted to make eye contact with me. They knew I didn't make it, and so did I. It was useless to keep looking. We had searched almost the entire building.

"Come on," said Cole, "we still haven't looked in the ceiling."

"The ceiling? I'm sure it's not there. It's over, Cole."

"It's not. Trust me."

I reluctantly followed Cole up the stairs.

"Wait!" I said, about halfway up, "what if my name isn't there?"

"Then I'll freaking go to the judges and punch them in the face."

I laughed, he always knew what to say.

When we got to the roof, there were three envelopes. Any of those could be name. I slowly approached the first envelope.

Sean O'Donnell

I grabbed the second one.

Vocal Power

Then, I slowly approached the last envelope. I breathed in deeply and opened it.

Marley Ryan

I dropped the envelope and screamed out of relief and joy. Cole ran to me, carried me, and spun me around.

"See?" He said, "you were worried out of nothing!"

I laughed, "You were right, thank you." I said while hugging him again.

He grabbed my hand and we left the roof together.

~~~~~~~~

"That was probably the worst experience of my life." I said while a camera man interviewed me.

"So, Marley, there are rumors that you're dating another contestant, is that true?"

My eyes scanned the room, Cole was laughing at something one of the guys said.

Were we dating?

I mean, we've kissed and went on two dates, but we haven't made anything official. I sighed.

"I don't comment on my personal life, thank you." I said, then left.

The camera man nodded, then went to interview more people. I went over to the guys.

They were joking about how one time Will went inside the girls' bathroom instead of the boys'.

"It was a mistake!" He said while laughing.

I was still a bit shaken up about everything that happened. Suddenly, Cole took my hand. I loved those little things that he did to make me feel safe and happy.

I just wanted to make it official.

I want Cole to ask me to be his girlfriend.

I want him to be my boyfriend.

Because, I think I'm starting to love him.

~~~~~~~~

"You'll end up together, you'll see." I told Sarah.