Chap. 6

I breathed in deeply. This elimination rounds were gonna make me have a heart attack.

Sarah grabbed my hand and Cole the other. I shut my eyes. This was way far more pressure than I thought I could handle.

We were all sitting on the stage. There were no lines. Just people formed into little groups.

Suddenly, the judges came in through the far back doors of the theatre. They all came in pasting envelopes all around the theatre. We had no idea what was going on.

"Listen up!" Said Simon, "we have pasted envelopes with the names of the ones who made it through. Girls are in the far right, boys in the middle, and groups in the left. Happy hunting!"

We all stood up and started looking for our names.

Amanda Hyland.

Oh, joy.

Sarah Rivera.

Thank the Lord.

I kept finding names, but not mine. I was starting to loose it.

"Marley!" Screamed Sarah, "Your name's here! Have you found mine?"

"Yeah, it's here!" I yanked it off and ran towards Sarah and we hugged.

We exchanged envelopes.

Marley Ryan.

Thank God.

I made it.

~~~~~~

I walked triumphantly though the hallways, my name in hand.

But this joy was only temporary, I had to sing a mash-up, written by myself. But for that, I still had time.

The judges were letting us relax for two days before rehearsals for our mash-up started. I was nervous.

I came down to lunch. Sarah, Will, Cole, Gabe, and Dalton were sitting together in one big table. Dana was sitting in the far back with Amanda.

That honestly made me feel like crap. I thought Dana liked me, and I thought I liked him. But, I guess things aren't meant to be. I sadly shrugged it off and continued my way to the lunch table.

I sat down with a cup of chicken noodle soup and a diet coke.

"I thought that our lunches were gonna be like magical, y'know?" I said before talking a sip of my soup.

"What do you mean?" Asked Will.

"Like in Season 1, when everybody started singing 'Call Me Maybe'."

"We could do that!" Said Dalton.

"Yeah, sing something!" Exclaimed Cole.

"What? Why me?"

"It was your idea! Now, sing!"

"Fine," I grumbled as I stood up on the lunch table. Everyone instantly looked at me.

"She got a body like an hourglass
But I can give it to you all the time
She got a booty like a Cadillac
But I can send you into overdrive
(Stop and wait, wait for that, stop, hold up, swing your bat)
See anybody could be bad to you, you need a good girl to blow your mind, yeah"

I sang loudly and more confidently than I ever had before.

Then IM5 joined me for the chorus:

Bang, bang into the room
I know you want it
Bang, bang all over you
I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Wait a minute til you...
Bang, bang there goes your heart
I know you want it
Back, backseat of my car
I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Wait a minute til you...