32.

Cloud's P.O.V.

Nobody prepared us for 3 months of horrors. 

3 months of constant worry, fear and restless, ruined nerves. 

It is impossible to stay sane.

Sudden inner bleeding in my daughter's lungs, Adriano's respiratory problems - rollercoaster of doctors rushing back and forth is the worst thing I have seen in my entire life. 

None of us sleep, we barely leave the hospital's walls, we are on nerves and tense. Maria and Camila soothe us down, being the only reasons why Leonardo and I are still collected. My sons and Adriano's siblings worry, our relatives worry. 

"Chéri, get some sleep."- I whispered to Maria, gently kissing her cheek. 

"I cannot, mon amour. I cannot see her like this any longer. It's been so long and they are so, so, so young."- spoke shakily my wife, her glossy eyes meeting mine. 

"They fought that long - they won't give up now, darling. I have no idea how they got out from that hellhole, but what I do know is that they won't stay away from each other. They found their way back to each other no matter what and this time is nothing different."- I said, only now realising how fucking close-knit their love is. 

What Adriano did for our daughter is an act worthy of a true man in love. 

He could run, he could save himself just fine, he could be alright and live his life without troubles.

But that young man stayed: he took the blow, he protected our little girl, he put her above himself and risked his life. 

I have nothing, expect great respect and admiration for Adriano. He proved himself in ways I cannot even describe. 

Hours ticked by, the four of us drank the strongest tea available to stay awake, being together in the main lobby. 

"Room 201 and 202. Emergency call."- announced female voice, making us freeze in terror. 

Our children's rooms. 

We dashed to their rooms, only not to be let inside by nurses, who said something that didn't sit well with any of us. 

"Their heartbeats slowed down. We need you to step back and let doctors do all they can."- said a nurse, our hearts racing in worry and fright. 

Heartbeats seem to slow down. 

Slow the fuck down. 

No. 

No, no, no, no. 

"Cloud, mon amour."- said my love, holding my hands securely, and I took a deep breath, unable to stay cool any longer. 

"She cannot die, Maria! She is so young, just 19!"- I snapped, my eyes watering as my emotions passed the limit. 

Leonardo shattered, the two of us simply unable to maintain our calmness any longer. 

Maria's P.O.V.

Camila hugged her devastated husband as I held my love in my arms, the four of us taken aback by everything - drained of all strength to stay collected. 

"She is my little princess, Maria. I cannot...She cannot."- whispered brokenly Cloud, his voice full of sadness I have never seen him in. 

"Our daughter won't die, Cloud. Do you hear me? She is a fighter. Adriano won't give up either. That young man is stronger than any hero could possibly be. They both will be fine."- I stated softly, my teary eyes gazing in my beloved man's green, watery eyes. 

He nodded, taking a few deep breaths and I hugged him tighter, neither of us daring to let go. 

Her.

Muffled voices. 

Bright and too blinding light.

Rustling and shuffling noises.

My head is pounding, as if something is banging rock against it. My body feels heavy, too heavy to even move. My lungs burn and hurt - it aches to breathe. 

I didn't process a word people said, all I had on my mind was my love. 

"I need Adriano."- I spoke vulnerably, my voice almost soundless. 

Nobody heard me. My vision turned blurry again until my eyes fluttered close. 

Cloud's P.O.V.

Doctors came to us in an hour, destroying our sanity. 

"Their heartbeats are alright, they are alive."- assured doctor Fisher, heavy sigh of relief escaping from us. 

"Mr Russo is still in coma, but his system is getting better: his lungs are working much better and bruises are healing greatly. At this stage, it is up to him when to wake up. His body suffered a lot, so be ready for it to take a week, two maybe even a month. His lungs need time to regain their healthy functioning, therefore, they are the biggest concern right now."- clarified doctor Gomez, treating and handling Adriano.

"As to Miss Monet, she is awake."- sated doctor Fisher, adding information that earned our joy. 

"But we had to put her in temporary medical come due to her system struggling with sudden awakening: her heartbeat was uneven and too slow to move blood, her lungs couldn't manage the flow of oxygen on their own."- he explained, showing us cardiogram of our baby's heartbeat. 

It was either leaping too much or as good as non-existing. 

Long, draining, devastating conversation later, we were left with nothing again. 

Leonardo's P.O.V.

I hugged my beloved tightly, both of just...Empty. 

"They should be together."- spoke softly Cami, holding me close, being snuggled into me. 

"In one room."- she elaborated and I couldn't help my tiny smile, picturing that heartfelt moment. 

Moment when our boy wakes up and immediately smiles when he sees his beloved woman, who smiles at him and looks at him with so much love and care. Fuck, I don't even doubt that he will be the happiest at that moment and won't process anything, except that. 

It didn't really take much discussing with Cloud and Maria. Doctors had nothing against it. 

We just hope and pray that this desired, vulnerable, touching moment will happen and soon because this is not how their lives should go on. 

This is not how their story should end.