Chapter 21: Party Guessed

Clarey's pov

This morning I awoke with a new mission in mind, but before I could begin it I had to make some changes. I left the house quickly not stopping for breakfast and made my way to the mall. I first went to the salon that was on the first floor. The woman cut my hair to just above my shoulders and gave me layers. After styling it she sent me on my way and I started to shop for a new wardrobe. After spending a few hundreds, I made my way home.

I had to meet up with Scott and Derek about my brother. We stood closely as if someone could just walk by and listen even though we were secluded from the rest of the world, or at least that's what it seemed like.

"I'm saying we need a new plan, because next time, one of us is gonna be too hurt to heal. " Derek growled out, making me wince at the thought of my brother hurting them. When I'd first arrived Derek and Scott were completely shell shocked at my new appearance. They obviously weren't expecting sweet, innocent, Clarey to show up in short jean shorts, a spaghetti strapped vest, and a plaid shirt that wasn't buttoned up.

"Ugh, I get it. We can't save Jackson." Scott groaned.

"The hell we can't! That is my brother we're talking about!" I hiss at him.

Derek rolled his eyes, looking about 50 shades of done with this whole situation, "We can't seem to kill him either. I've seen a lot of things, Scott. I've never seen anything like this. Every new moon's just gonna make him stronger. "

"But how do we stop him?" Scott questioned.

"I don't know. I don't even know if we can. " Derek sighed.

"We have to! He's the only actual family I have left." I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Maybe we should just let the Argents handle it. " Scott suggested, making me scoff.

"No way in hell." I snap at him. He keeps on getting on my nerves and my patience is already wearing thin.

"I'm the one who turned him. It's my fault." Derek said, I put a hand on his shoulder and spoke quietly, "He asked for this, all we can do now is save him."

Derek shot my a tiny rare smile and I grinned back at him.

"Yeah, but you didn't turn him into this. I mean, this happened because of something in his past, right?" Scott asked, interrupting our little moment.

"That's a legend in a book. It's not that simple." Derek answered.

"What do you mean? What are you not telling me?" Scott asked him with narrowed eyes.

"Why do you think I'm always keeping something from you?" Derek seethed.

"Because you always are keeping something from me." Scott snapped.

"Well, maybe I do it to protect you." Derek said, making me smile at him secretly.

"Doesn't being part of your pack mean no more secrets?" Scott asked.

"Go home, Scott. Sleep. Heal. Make sure your friends are safe. 'Cause the full moon's coming. And with the way things are going, I've got a feeling it's gonna be a rough one."

Scott left after we said goodbyes and I stayed. Turning to look at Derek, who was already looking at me, I smiled.

"What do you think?" I asked, spinning in a small circle.

He narrowed his eyes, "You look different, why'd you change?" He asked.

"I know I look different, but do I look good?" I asked, avoiding his question.