Chapter eleven. ((edited))

After that incident, the Kangs and the Baes have made sure no news would circulate the entire Korea. That's what money can do.

As for Seulgi, Irene and Yeri, they continued therapy for days. Especially little Yeri who got so shocked, she stopped speaking for days.

Seulgi's vision was still blurry, but she got the hang of it. Immediately she searched for Irene, because she was the first one that came into her mind. There was no sign of Irene and the bedroom she was in was white in color with a hint of black and gold.

Immediately the door opened to see Irene, with a tray of goodies. Irene's lips curved to a smile as she saw Seulgi woke up. She was relieved, she was able to sleep with Seulgi for another night after a long time. She couldn't believe it but she held on to it and made sure that she and Yeri will enjoy life with Seulgi around this time.

"Got you cookies and milk." She put the tray beside and proceeded to sit on her lap and wrapped her arms around her. "I miss this."

"Ew. Get off me. I have bad breath." Seulgi tried to push her but Irene kissed her. It was a soft kiss. Seulgi hesitated at first, but after feeling that good sensation, she kissed back. She surely missed her girl.

They pulled apart just to catch their breaths. "Wow, how I missed that." Seulgi smiled. Irene was succesfully teasing her girl. "Oh, you should go see Yeri."

That reminded her of her daughter. She came rushing to Yeri's door, but her fingers fidgeted. She was afraid, nervous, excited. Mixed emotions got her. When she opened, she saw Yeri lying on her bed, blanket tucked. Her shoulders dropped to see a sleeping Yeri. But Yeri nudged and moved, she was surprised to see Yeri awake.

She rushed to her side and hugged her. Then Irene spoke which she didn't notice Irene was right behind her. "Yeri must've suffered trauma so much. She needs you, Seul." Irene kissed Seulgi's head and left the room, tending to something else while giving Seulgi the time to comfort and somehow make Yeri feel at ease, because somehow deep down, there's an invisible silver cord connected between a mother and a child. Seulgi would know because of her mother instincts.

"Yeri-ah." Seulgi said so softly. At first, the child didn't look back. She felt like someone was crushing her heart seeing her daughter's state. All the memories came rushing to her, how Yeri found her first and now it was her time to find Yeri in that state she was in.

After several times of calling out her name, Yeri finally turned around so weakly and came to hug her mother. She finally felt at ease, seeing her daughter's reaction.

"I'm so sorry for everything that you've gone through." And by that, she bursted into tears. She didn't know what was more painful, the child's state or the thing that had traumatized Yeri. The kid didn't say or cry, she just hugged her so tight. "My little girl's so brave. You know that?" She made sure her tone didn't scare or offend the girl.

Their moment was broken off when Irene rushed in the room, panting with the telephone on her hand. Seulgi and Yeri looked at her worriedly. "You need to answer this call, hurry." She whispered to Seulgi just so Yeri couldn't hear it and be scared again. Seulgi stood up, excusing herself from the little girl as Irene stayed to be with her, while Seulgi takes the call.

"Hello?" She was hesitant to say it at first because who knows who it might be.

"Good morning, am I speaking with Ms. Kang Seulgi?"

The woman from the other line sounded like she worked in an office.

"Yes, this is she."

"Oh, I have called to inform you of Ms. Shon and Ms. Park are both responsive and awake after being unconscious after their surgery and are now doing well, you are listed as the guardian according to Ms. Shon."

"C-Can you repeat that?"

"Um, Ms. Shon and Ms. Park are—"

"Shon? Wendy Shon? Joy Park?" She was still in disbelief hearing their name, she thought she was hallucinating for mourning so much over their death.

"Why yes, Ms. Kang."

"I'm coming over." The lady told her the details she needed and hung up. In her room, Seulgi jumped as if she won the lottery. She came to look for Irene, she ran and slid to have stopped in front of Yeri's bedroom. She peeked to see Irene hugging Yeri. At that moment, she didn't want to disturb them but Yeri was facing the door and she tapped Irene then Irene turned to see Seulgi.

Both Irene and Seulgi excused themselves oit of Yeri's bedroom, to talk about the phone call earlier as Seulgi budged Irene to talk about by signalling her to come out.

"Good news. Wendy and Joy are currently healing in the hospital!"