Chapter one. ((edited))

"Yeri-ya!" Irene screamed from downstairs. She was waiting for her because Yeri told her she needs to get something upstairs. But the truth was, she didn't want to go. She locked herself in the room.

"Kang Yeri! Get back down here, fast!" But she didn't listen. She just ignored her mother like she had been doimg for the past few years.

"Your mom needs to see you." Irene sighed. That was the last thing she could say to convince Yeri. And finally, she heard a snap from the door and saw Yeri on the staircase.

"But she's always busy." She pouted. Yeri indeed got her mother's mannerism of doing aegyo. Although she had different features from her mom, she was definitely the same as her mom. She had big round eyes and slender cheeks. Her mom had the opposite, she was cat-eyed and had chubby cheeks. She definitely had her father's looks but good thing she had her mother's personality.

"Come on!"

The seven-year-old dragged her body forcefully towards Irene, with pouty look. Irene laughed at how adorable she was, she kissed her forehead.

~~

They finally arrived, and little Yeri stuck the small bouquet of flowers on the glass, which gave view of the urn and frame.

"Tell her about your day, yesterday." Irene suggested and Yeri turned to Irene then back to the urn.

"Mommy, you know, mommy Rene-y (ree-nee) cooked me a smiley lunch." Yeri said, remembering the bento Irene prepared for her. She laughed at Yeri for saying that. Of all things to share, she had to share the 'smiley lunch'.

"Then Tzuyu and Ning Ning, my Chinese friends taught me little Mandarin, but I forgot all about it." Irene remembered one time where Yeri went home speaking Mandarin to her the entire night. She was frustrated because she only repeated the words, 'ni hao, zaijian, and xie xie'. She mentally face palmed herself. But was proud because little Yeri was very attentive to her surroundings, she adapted to the environment fast, although Yeri had poor memory like Seulgi. And very clumsy.

"We also made paper ducks for art class!" She jumped up and down as she shared, Irene found it adorable.

Irene smiled. If only Seulgi saw it, she would be very proud of her daughter. Irene's heart tickled as she remembered her. She longed for her kiss, her smile, her giggle, her voice and basically her.

After Yeri shared random information about her classes, Irene told her they'd be heading home. She handed her hand for Yeri to hold.

"Let's go. Told you she wasn't busy."

"She was busy sleeping!" Yeri claimed and she just laughed at the kid's innocence.

As they headed towards the car, she looked for the car keys inside her bag, which made her let go of Yeri's hand. Then she felt someone pointed a gun at her head. She slowly raised her hand, surrendering. "Yeri, run!" Then Yeri ran as the guy focused his gun on her head. He looked behind as Yeri was already gone on sight.

"What do you fucking want?"

"The child. We want the child." They walked towards he van, where he tied Irene's hands, feet and mouth. "That child is a threat, she needs to be gone." Irene's eyes widened and struggled as the man ran to look for Yeri. She worried he might find her.

~~

Yeri ran all her might towards the busy streets. She remembered her mother telling her to keep herself on the sidewalk and not on the street, as she might hurt herself. 

She ran until she bumped onto someone which she fell on the ground, with her hand on her head. The other hand supported her weight.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay, little girl?" Yeri looked up to her and when she saw her, she hugged her. Her eyes closed tight as her arms wrapped around the stunned lady.

"Mommy, they're chasing me and Mommy Rene-y."

"W-who? I'm sorry but—"

"Mommy, we have to go back and save mommy Rene." She grabbed her hands while trying to drag her to where Irene was but of course, she couldn't because she was heavier than Yeri.

"But I don't—"

"First, let's hide, mommy. He might see us." She did what the kid told her. But she was confused as hell. What was she hiding for?

She just went along with the kid that looked scared. She was to fish out her phone to dial emergency, but Yeri stopped her. "Don't call."

Again, she was scared and confused but did what the kid said. They waited until a running man passed by, she looked at Yeri, who zipped her lips and pointing at the man. She understood it was the man chasing for her.

When the man was out of sight, she crouched down to her level. "May I know your name, little girl?"

"My name's Yeri. And you're my mommy Seulgi." Yeri then hugged her.

"No, I'm Angela."

~~

Goodbye, Kang Seulgi. Hello, Angela Kang.

Oh, I learned from a video that Seulgi's English name was Angela given to her by her English teacher.