感謝しています(Thank You)

After the last conversation about the exaggerated security around Yuzu, we both stayed at the balcony feeling the wind. Yuzu told me that I should get inside to get some rest. Perhaps he's right. I wave him good night and head back to Kanako's room.

I closed the door behind me softly, cautious that Kanako might be sleeping, and walked to the bathroom before I go to bed. I stare at myself in the mirror. "What are you going to do next?" I question myself. "I got no money and no where to stay." I do not want to ask for my father's help, ever. I ran away from the U.S. because of that. Can my grandparents help me? No, I can't ask them and plus they will contact my parents if I stay with them. What can I do here? To what limit am I capable to be? Can I eat less and sleep badly? I stare at my reflection on the mirror. I see only worry in my face. I can't see my determination that I had when I was in the U.S.. Perhaps I am too ignorant about how the whole society works. How cruel the society works. Just because I'm living in a family that is very well provided with food, education, clothes, and shelter, I don't even worry about these questions before. This is burning my head more intensely as I think deeper and deeper. Aghhhhh!!! My head is becoming heavier and heavier. I close my eyes and repress the pain from the migraine. Suddenly, I feel a hand on my shoulder. The sudden touch with the outer world and the buzzing feeling from a contact with a person breaks my concentration on my personal problems.
"What's wrong?" Kanako asked.
"Kanako!" I swallow my fear down my throat hardly, searching for a huge mouthful of air. "Thanks god its you... I thought is some ghost or something."

"Hahhaa!!!" Kanako laughed brightly. Her laughter drags me away from my depression. "I am just wandering what your doing in the bathroom."

"I'm just ....uh" I wave my hands in the air and pat on my laps loudly, "you know... Thinking about my future." I let out a big sigh of relief and smile at her. "Oh." She said." I thought you were uncomfortable. Good to know you're just thinking about your future." Kanako smile at me again.
I grin to her with a bitter laughter. I look down at my knotted fingers.
"Let's go to sleep." She hands me her hand.
I lift my head up to see her cheerful face. I thought that she will just leave and go to sleep on her own. I never expect anyone to do that to me. Kanako's smily face changed to a worry face.

"What's wrong, Aurora?" Kanako takes a step closer to me.
I shake my head.
"Are you feeling bad?" She asked.
"No.." I answered quietly. " it's just... No one do that to me before."
Kanako looks at me with her beautiful eyes.
"The hand thing. It's nothing bad! I am just not familiar with that." I added.
"Really?" She said.
I nodded with embarrassment.
"Aurora, come." She holds both of my hands and lead me out the bathroom.

"Let's sleep alright? It's late already." Kanako loosen my hands and we stand beside our own beds.

"Thank you, Kanako." I smile at her.

I lie down in my bed and shifted to feel comfortable in the hotel sheets. I turn to look at Kanako. She is smiling at me. I smile back at her once again.

"Good night." I whisper as I reach my hand out to close the bedside lamp.

---------------------------------------------

I feel pangs and bangs during my sleep. I am hit by invisible forces that aches my head and throat. It's hot. It's cold. My breathe is racing and so is my body temperature. In my dream, I am under a endless tornado of water. I'm swirling and swirling. I can not breath either. I struggle hardly to swim up to the surface to catch my breathe, but I am drawn back under the water again by the strong forces of the water. The color of the water is deep blue, so deep that I almost thought that it is a hopeless black. But the color is changing, lighter and lighter, from dark blue to a violet blue, sapphire blue, emerald blue and then finally a crystal blue. Shiny as ever, the water surrounds me, and mysteriously calming itself as the color changes, with its soft waves swaying me in her arms. I finally drift to a cool tranquil swoon.

When I woke up from my deadly sleep, I feel the towel on my forehead and see a bowl of water next to my bed. The towel feels warm with my temperature. I unfold the towel and fold it so that the inner side of the towel is now in the outside. I put it back on my forehead. Hmm... Feels cool. Kanako's not in the room. The room is so peaceful with no excess motion. I do not want to break the tranquility in this room with my motion, especially with the noise that I will make with the sheets. I return to my sleep when I suddenly see the time. Holy!! It's 12:34!!! I sit up and the towel falls on the bed. I scoot out the bed. Wash my face. Brush my teeth. Comb my hair. Check how I look. I think I'm ready to go, perhaps just a little pale from the fever. I take the towel on the bed and the bowl on the bedside table to get things washed and organized. When I lift the bowl up, I see a note falling on the matted floor.

"Eat the medicine, it will help you.
Kana and Yuzu"
I move my sight to the right of the bedside table. There is a pill with a cup of water. Warmth swirls up to my heart. Why do I get friendliness here in a foreign country and not in my home? Why do I not receive the most basic care even from my parents? I put the pill in my mouth and gallop a big mouthful of water. I swallow it with my utmost happiness.

----------------------------------------------

Hi guys, I know this update takes really long time... My apologies. Please left comments or anything in the comment to let me know about how you feel about the story. I know this chapter is kinda nah, but i hope you feel Aurora's feeling. :))

P.s thanks for @aisupurinsu for the reminder~