As the conversation moves on, I make it known to the three of them that I have no idea about football. I say that I've never seen it before, only caught glimpses whenever it was playing on television, which is a lie. I've heard it, I've never seen in first hand.

Until now.

They seem a little shocked by my admission, but they don't linger on it for too long. Thankfully, Leo spends the remainder of the time we have before the game filling me in on the key details I need to know, trying his hardest to get me to understand.

"Honestly," Leo clears his throat after he's finished explaining what a touchdown is. "I don't really know much about it myself," he says, cheeks flushing.

"Really!" A wave of relief surges through me. At least I'm not alone in my lack of knowledge.

"I know bits and pieces, but that's mostly because of my brothers and Emmy. I've never been a huge fan myself."

"So we're like twins then." I say, and his head snaps to me. I add on, "Because we're b-both kinda in the same boat?"

"Yeah," he looks to the field, smiling softly as he whispers, "Twins."

Some strange sound booms around us, indicating the game is about to start. I more or less bounce on my seat, excitement streaming through my veins.

The field is filled with players, the boys from our school dressed in their blue and silver jerseys?outfits? I'm not one hundred percent sure of the exact name, but they look great regardless.

Atlas, Luke and Emilio are quick to spot us thanks to Maya practically screaming their names while the rest of us pretend not to know her.

Emilio looks directly at me, a wide grin splitting his lips open, showing his pearly whites. He tug on the collar of his jersey, showing him that I kept my word and wore it for him. If possible his smile gets wider, and he blows me a kiss before making a heart shape with his fingers.

I blush like a maniac.

They walk away, huddling with their team before shaking the hands with the other team; the boys dressed in red and white. After that, they get into their positions.

Let the game begin.

-

We're standing outside the school entrance, waiting for the boys to get showered and changed.

I didn't understand any of the game, it was fun and loud and I was so excited anytime I spotted one of our friends holding the ball. Despite not understanding a single thing, I'm still glad I got to be here to support them, more so now that they've been declared winners of the match.

We cheer as our three friends exit the school and head towards us. They mock boy and Emilio runs to me, pulling me to his chest.

"Thank you for coming, pretty lady," he murmurs. "Told you you're my good luck charm, didn't I?"

I pull back and look at him. He's so happy, his smile so wide his cheeks have little indents at the base. I made him happy.

My smile grows to match his.

"You don't need to thank me," I tell him honestly. "There's no place I'd rather be."