Chapter 8 - Bracelet

*✧ ───────── ✧*

Beeps of the heart rate monitor echoed throughout the infirmary. Cruger laid unconscious on the table in front of me with Sky to my left, the rest of the Rangers were scattered around the room with Kat running vitals. I looked over to see the bandage on Sky's temple, a similar bandage covered my shoulder from Dru flinging me about like a ragdoll.

I was fuming. Not only at the fact I got defeated by a single person after almost taking down the entire B-Squad by myself, but at the fact that the Commander got hurt. I wasn't doing my job.

Wait, why was I suddenly so dedicated to being an SPD cadet? Was I really so desperate to belong somewhere I'd lay my life down to protect someone who gave me a job?

I shook my head trying to dismiss the thoughts.

"Is he gonna make it?" Z asked.

Kat sighed, "If he were human he'd already be gone."

There's that word again. It's a word of weakness.

Kat continued, "This old dog is tough, there's no telling-"

A loud groan cut her off as Cruger shifted, "Who are you calling old dog?"

Everyone smiled as Cruger sat up on the bed quietly.

Bridge looked down at his communicator as it let out a loud beep, "Guys, Boom said he found Dru."

Sky stood with the others following suit.

Bridge tapped through the computer in the command room, "Okay, Dru, slash evil ugly dude, is somewhere between sector C-"

"I know exactly where he is," Sky said, "Jack, can I speak with you alone?"

The harsh tone made the rest of the Rangers file out, but I drifted slowly to the back of the room as Sky and Jack began talking.

"Look," Sky took a deep breath, "Dru was my best friend, I brought him here so let me bring him in."

"I can't do that Sky that's against regulations." Jack paused looking around the room, he sent a smirk seeing me staring anxiously through the doorway, "But, by the time I get everybody together- Syd does her nails etcetera etcetera, you may have a ten minute head start on us. Perfectly within regulations."

Sky breathed a sigh of relief, "Thanks."

I knew I needed to go with him. Sky couldn't just go out by himself, it definitely wasn't safe. The sickening feeling in my chest made me hold my breath. He turned, I jumped out of the doorway trying to avoid being spotted but I guess odds didn't work in my favor.

I startled as Sky poked his head around the door, "I guess you're coming with me?"

I nodded.

"Then let's get going."

Sky led me down the halls to the back exit of SPD headquarters.

The room was dark as we stepped into the building, I went around the opposite side with my blaster drawn as Sky walked towards the center of the room.

"Dru, I know you're in here."

The projector in front of him flipped on and Sky put his hand up to block it. I ducked behind a turned over table ready to fire.

Dru stepped forward into the light of the projector.

"My squad will be here any minute. Just turn yourself in and let me help you."

Dru laughed, "Perhaps I shouldn't be so lenient with you."

"Probably not," Sky shrugged.

"You really think you can beat me?" Dru said, he threw his hands back revealing his true form.