Chapter 6 - Cadet

*✧ ───────── ✧*

The training quad was unlike anything I had ever seen.

One, I had never seen this many people training.

And two, I had never seen these kinds of weapons used.

I had mostly relied on my own strength and limited powers to get me through missions. But most of the Cadets I saw on the quad relied on blasters or batons to help them in battle.

"Space Patrol Delta trains cadets to be the most elite crime fighting force on the planet, the Power Rangers, which you met the other day of course before you were brought back here for holding," Cruger said, he was the one who had woken me up this morning to my surprise. As we walked out into the quad he noticed my tense muscles, he stood near the steps with the building on our backside.

I looked out over the quad again, trying to see if I could spot anyone I did know. I squinted against the sun while wishing I could go back inside where it wasn't as bright. I only knew three people tops on the field, but it could still be a comfort.

"I do see potential in you. You can choose if you want to spend your time in prison here or you can join SPD and help make a difference."

A nudge at my leg made me look down, seeing RIC there with a ball in his mouth. I did my best to throw it as far as I could as the mechanical dog took off down the steps. I finally spotted Sky among the recruits, with Sydney and the other Rangers nearby.

"I think you already know my answer," I said quietly, "Not like I have anywhere to go."

"Very well, your training will commence with Sky and Bridge. Your parol will state that you must report to Kat every morning for evaluation. Later on you will be moved to your own room with the other cadets."

I only nodded, still watching as the Rangers finished their training and huddled up to discuss something.

"They're happy you're staying," Cruger said.

I nodded, "I'm happy to belong."

Cruger placed a hand on my shoulder making me jump slightly, the reaction making Cruger pull his hand back.

Sky looked up, seeing Cruger and I on the stairs before sending me a quick smile.

*✧ ─ ✧*

"The training sequence will commence on your command," Kat said, "Whenever you're ready just say go. Are you sure you want that weapon?"

I shifted the weight of my sword in my hand, "I'm sure."

"Alright," Kat sighed, "If you need it to stop just say 'Void sequence' and it will stop immediately."

"Don't think that will be a problem."

I knew how many people were watching. Kat's team, Cruger, all of the B squad Rangers. I'm not even sure why, wasn't this supposed to be the most advanced training academy on the planet? Why do they need to watch a simple training sequence? I'm surprised they even had my sword still.

"Go," I said, immediately the blank room became a warehouse. I got into position, walking forward slowly waiting on the first attack.

I heard them before I even saw them, Krybots jumping down from seemingly nowhere landed around me.

I smirked, changing the positioning of my sword for it to be upward towards my shoulder.

The first bot attacked, swinging its hand towards my arm. I swung my arm upward letting the sword take the force and pushing the Krybot back into the wall of a small building. It crashed into it with it's head popping out.