Chapter 1: In search for a new beginning

There he is, a man in a fancy tuxedo running across the rooftops while carrying a sack of money over his shoulder.

"Cinth, your jig is up!" Another person in to intersect from the heist person's getaway.

From the television news, you could see your Father caught up between two heroes on the roof top, tension raise in your throat as the showdown starts between them.

"No sweet hearts coming over? Would appreciate if there's one right now." The glitchy like voice of your father's voice changer asked before the two heroes lunged at him at the same time, causing him to jump upward and stepped on one of their faces. Going over them like obstacles before he proceed to run once more. "Guess not."

He's almost to the docks. Crossing your fingers in hopes that your father will make it in time--!

bang!

A gun shot aimed at his shoulder tearing his jacket revealing the protection underneath. You Sighed in relief, you were glad he didn't sustain serious damage.

"Ey!" The black haired man turn to the sniper.

"This uniform is expensive, pay in full you simp!" He yelled before pulling the pin and threw it. Smoke puffed out clouding their vision.

"A protection gear under the jacket, have evil know no bounds?!" The anchor lady says before swiveling the attention of the audience from your father to her with the weather report since the camera stopped from there and couldn't get anymore footage.

"And Joe what do we have here for the-." You quickly turned the TV off. Not wanting to hear more about their thoughts of your father's horrible deed, sure he steals but who are you to judge.

You're just a daughter, nothing special, nothing new. Your (e/c) eyes look at the clock that's hanging over the crack in the wall, 3 am. You couldn't sleep, not while you know your father has been planning this heist for months for this one night of thrill.

'Better go to sleep before he comes back.' You thought, standing up and get ready for bed. It's almost time for your father's birthday.

In your room that's crudely painted in (Fav. color), papers strewn about and a few items neatly placed in the room. Your body plopped down on the mattress on the floor, the electric fan keeping you company whilst the sirens of the police speed by. Minuets ticked by before your eyes gave up and go to sleep.

Morning comes, and you saw your father on the living room couch with some plastic bags on top of the table. Most likely breakfast for today.

You didn't wake your father, instead you decided to wash his uniform that's tucked inside of the duffle bag, stitching this would be a problem since, A) you lack the materials, B) you have to wash it first, it reeks, c) Now's the good time to learn.

Off to the washer room- erm, well, behind the house. Setting up the wash bowl, clean bowl, with the soap and hose that's connected to the kitchen sink. Sitting down on a foot stool you start the process of washing along with the other laundry.

After what it feels like an eternity under the scorching sun, you wringed out the water out of the clothes and hung it indoors. May not be the best idea but it'll do.

"Dove!" You hear your father from the couch, and a wet slap. Turning around you see him pushing the damp cloth away from his face and rush over to you for a hug.

" Had breakfast?" He asked, you knew he dreamt of something bad if something like this happened.

Shaking your head no, "well, I got some takeout earlier. Might be cold by now." He let go and showed the takeout meal.

Together you both have a peaceful breakfast, and by breakfast the meal that both had burned your tongues off after using the microwave to reheat it.

As if nothing happened, your father got into a new set of clothes. "Alright dove, get your stuff ready. We're going on a mission!" He smiled.

30 minutes later

"Sooo, why are we here at the groceries again?" You looked up to your father who's grabbing a cart for the items to buy.

"Well dove, dear." He picked a milk carton and check the label before looking over to you.

"We ran out of things in the fridge, times like this will one day feel like a mission." He put the milk carton back and got a more familiar brand- it's not even in a carton anymore it's a jug, you could see the price tag of it.. 80P...

"Got anything in mind for dinner?" He asked.

" Mmm, spaghetti." You mumbled.

"Alright, to the pasta isle." Pushing the cart to the isle, it took a bit of time before you spoke up.

(E/c) eyes look up at the item held in her father's hand. "This one's a bit cheaper.. buuuuuut 20% off is pretty tempting with that buy one take one..." Your father's comparing the item with the other, your eyes caught the small letters on the tag '20% off on the next item.'

"Papa, wait. There's the thing about in the tag." You point out, he seemed surprised before checking the tag once more.

"That's good, reading first before deciding." He smiled, ruffling your hair then putting his decided item in the cart buying the next item.

After your groceries, your father decided to treat you with some ice cream. Sitting on a bench at the park, occasionally you see your father getting stares from other ladies. And he'd occasionally flirt back abit, before nearly getting the usual slap to the face by them so you had to get him out of the park.

By the end of the day, you and your father got home, and begin to cook dinner together. It isn't much though it feels like a miracle that your father is very good at cooking. You kept asking yourself if he should just set up a restaurant instead or maybe a little diner instead of doing ... This.

"Papa?" You look up from your plate of spaghetti.

"Yes, dove?" He looked at her.

Having his full attention you decided to bring up auntie Phoebe. "I was thinking of what Auntie told me about... Miss Preston's school? "

There's mix of emotions on his face, should he be proud or concerned that his flesh and blood wants to be that person.

Your father stands up. "Dove, the light in my life, why would you ever think of that in the middle of summer. What would your future say about this? (Y/n) Jonas, I want you to rethink about this before ever setting foot in that estate!" Both of you made eye contact.

" Go on, finish your spaghetti."

That evening, late at night.

"Havo, Feeb?" You heard your father's voice in the other room.

"No Feeb, I am NOT crying!" Your father seemed to have a strained voice there.

"Look." He sighed. "I appreciate what you told about what school I went to... I don't think it's appropriate for kids like her... What if she doesn't fit in?"

"I know I said that I want her to be strong and fierce... Neither of us are special Feeb... Okay.. one school year... That's all no more... You better give me those goddamn discounts because I ain't going to pay in full for that shit hole... Just come over, I don't have enough documents here. You know me if someone gives me a paper " He starts to mumble more.

You didn't want to pry more than you did, so you went to bed and see what tomorrow has in store for you.