Big day

Y/ns POV

A spotlight began to glow onto a very nervous Antonio stood at the end of a makeshift red carpet made by Casita.
Everyone clapped and cheered as he stood frozen in shock, making all of us nervous and began to whisper.

He then held his hand out for someone, I couldn't see how unil Mirabel stepped into the light making me gasp a little.
Memories of that night came flooding back as I gripped on tighter to Elena. She gave my hand a reassuring squeeze as they began to walk up the stairs to the glowing door.

Everyone held their breath as we waited for him to open the door, Abuela did her thing with the speech and he agreed.
The tension was thick and everyone watched as he opened the door eagerly.
It was quiet for a second before the door began to glow bright from the doorknob out.

A tucan flew onto his arm as we all stared in aw.
"I understand you!" He said making me smile proudly.
"Sure they can come too!!" He said before tons of animals flooded the house from above and below.
Abeula smiled as she held Antonio's shoulder proudly.

"We have a new gift!" She exclaimed excitedly announced making all of us cheer. Most of the younger kids, including Elena ran into the room to follow Antonio and get a good look around.
Juliette began to get some ingredients from the kitchen so I followed.
"Having a cookout?" I joke and she simply nodded smiling.

"Almost all the food is gone and I need to do the dishes." She sighed as she got to work.
I gave a side smile and I placed my hand on her shoulder "I'll clean up, you worked hard this morning and deserve to have some fun. I also can't really stand the loud noises so it's best if I stay away from the party for a while till it calms down." I mentioned before she simply sighed and nodded, thanking me before walking out.

I rolled up the sleeves of my nice blouse before getting ready to scrub the dishes.
It was peaceful and the party in the main area of the house seemed to move back into Antonio's room making me the only person outside of the party.
Or so I thought.

I was basically almost done with the dishes, my hands where sore and wrinkly from the water and felt a little numb when I touched other objects.
I was about to get ready to head into the party when I felt Casita begin to shake.
"Casita?" I say gently before giant cracks flooded the kitchen all around me.

In a state of panic I began to duck down and cover my head incase anything fell on me, kinda like what you would do in a earthquake.
The cracks slowly stopped and disappeared right infront of my eyes making me question if I even saw anything.
I headed out the the kitchen quickly before I was met with everyone staring and Mirabel.

"I swear there where crack everywhere!! And the candle almost went out! I promise!!" She yelled out to everyone making me realize it wasn't just me who saw it.
Abuela put her hand up to quiet her before turning to the party to reassure them everything was ok.

With a simple clap of her hands everyone began to party once more, heading back into Antonio's new room happily.
Mirabel must have noticed my frozen state as she and Juliette walked into the kitchen urging me to follow aswell.

"The cracks where there mom!! They where everywhere! Is it was all in my imagination how did I get this cut on my hand??" She said as Juliette began to cook.
"What I think was that today was a very overwhelming day for you..."

"She's not lying..." I whisper making them turn to me, Mirabels eyes widened as she realized I was in the kitchen at the same time she was in the area.
"I was cleaning when all of a sudden Castia began to shake... I thought it was an earthquake until the walls and floors started to crack all around.." I say pointing at the plate that fell from the drying rack from the shaking house.

Juliette stayed quiet but simply nodded.
"I think... you both need some rest... you'll feel better tommorow I swear." She said hugging her daughter before patting my back gently.
She walked out leaving me and Mirabel to think, she kept staring at me to see if I was just trying to make her feel better but she could tell I saw them too.

I sighed as I began to exit the kitchen, kissing her head and waving goodnight as I headed back into my room.
People where passing by to go home, most kids asleep in their parents arms as they waved goodnight.
I knew Elena was already asleep, she liked partying but she was very mature with certain things and sleep schedule was one of them.

I opened my door quietly and sat down on my bed gently not bothering to change out of my party clothes.
A comfortable quiet rang in my ears and I fell back onto my pillow thinking about the cracks and what I saw.
Mirabel wasn't crazy but knowing Abuela she would label her as such.

I felt my eyes get heavy as I snuggled up in my blankets, facing the empty side of my bed.
"Oh bruno... what does all of this mean? You would have an answer wouldn't you..?" I ask knowing no one would answer in return.